Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Forum Software Upgrade Complete!

I'm happy to announce that last night's software update was implemented without any major problems! The forum is now running vBulletin 3.7.0 gold!

This upgrade brought several new features to the site, and hopefully, no major bugs surfaced during the process. However, if you notice anything that's not working properly, please send me a PM.

Thread Prefixes

One of the most exciting new features is the build-in thread prefix system. Users will now have the ability to add thread prefixes to threads in the Marketplace and the Suggestions forums. Therefore, from now on, please no longer begin marketplace threads with with abbreviations such as FS, WTB, etc.

Prefixes can be applied to threads from the thread posting screen in any applicable forum:

Keyword-Rich Tags

Any post or thread can now be associated with up to 25 keyword-rich tags. For example, if you are posting a thread about K10D focusing screens, the following should be entered in the tag field (found below the post editor): "K10D, Focusing Screen." Remember to separate each tag with a comma, since tags may consist of more than one word.

Tags are use to enhance the forum search feature as well as to build a search tag clould, found here: PentaxForums.com - Tags

The could consists of the top 25 most recently searched tags.

New Profile Page

The new profile page is broken up into several tabs. "Public messaging" comments can now be left for every user.

Social Groups

vBulletin 3.7 also added social groups to the forum. All users are now free to join and creata various social groups- these can be beneficial when trying to organize local meetups or find out which site members use a particular camera. A link to the social groups interface can be found in the quicklinks menu as well as User Control Panel and member profile pages.

PentaxForums.com - Social Groups

There is also a new friends/contacts system, and the forum header will not only notify users of new private messages but also of new public messages and friend requests.

Once again, please notify me of any bugs or errors you may encounter. I appreciate your patience during yesterday's brief downtime as well as during the 12 hour period in which changes were still being made.

Enjoy the new features!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
log off???

Adam,

Everything looks really great... and improvments are very nice... Thank you!!

I dont know if it is just me or not.. but my log off link.. .(usually by my username in the top right corner) is not there anylonger??

Did this change?? or am I missing something.....

Kim
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
ramshot

I also don't have the log off link anymore and on the "User CP" page there is not an "Edit Profile" link.

Edit: I figured out how to edit my profile. But I don't have the "Edit User Profile" link above the tabs as shown in Adam's example.

Last edited by ramshot; 05-04-2008 at 07:29 PM.
05-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

A splendid effort on your part Adam

cheers

05-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramshot Quote
I also don't have the log off link anymore and on the "User CP" page there is not an "Edit Profile" link.

Edit: I figured out how to edit my profile. But I don't have the "Edit User Profile" link above the tabs as shown in Adam's example.
That edit profile link you see is an administrator-only feature.

You're correct about the log off link- I'll put it back in right away.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks..

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're correct about the log off link- I'll put it back in right away.
Thanks Adam!!!! All is better now!!!

Kim
05-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Thanks for the upgrade Adam. We all hate change, it's human nature, but it looks like the new stuff is going to make the Forum even better and more fun once I/we get used to it.

Gary

05-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Does vBulletin 3.7.0 gold support subgroups like continent/country/state ?
05-05-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Looks cooooool. Thanks Adam
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
Does vBulletin 3.7.0 gold support subgroups like continent/country/state ?
Are you referring to profile fields?

Adam

05-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #11
Forum Member

Marketplace Reputation link in user profiles are broken.
05-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I fixed them about 30 minutes ago. Can you confirm that they are still proken? Everything appears fine over at my end.

Adam

05-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #13
Forum Member

User ID does not appear for "Marketplace Reputation: View 's feedback score and comments".

Profile > Statistics > PentaxForums.com Marketplace

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/feedback.php?u=
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #14

in the upper menuline the link for search / new posts points to pentaxforuns.com
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hessenwulf Quote
in the upper menuline the link for search / new posts points to pentaxforuns.com
Beat me to it!