Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14310 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #11086
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I wonder if it has been dismantled and not reassembled quite right - for example some section not fully tightened to its proper place. It wuld not need to be much out and it would not work quite right, the wavelength of light is very short. Particles of dust preventing full tightening might be just enough to get bad results.
Dismantled? Yes, many times. Not assembled quite right? I have no idea.
Tak 50/1.4.

12-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #11087
Veteran Member

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

12-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #11088
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

Another nice one, Mike, but is there an explanation for the title?
12-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #11089
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)
There is something curiously incongruous about this one. The couple seem to be looking at different things, have different kinds of smile on their faces and are wearing clothes that suggest different social class, but do appear to be a couple.

Quite a lot of your pictures show graffiti, but on my vey short trip to Japan I saw only some graffiti, and it seemed to be in certain areas, not just everywhere, like in many other countries. But a curious cultural contrast to Taiwan, where graffiti is almost non-existent. But again, a modest number of your pictures appear to be in places which in other countries would most likely smell of railway station.

12-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #11090
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
There is something curiously incongruous about this one. The couple seem to be looking at different things, have different kinds of smile on their faces and are wearing clothes that suggest different social class, but do appear to be a couple.
You can't go by clothes here. People actively try to ape what the fashion magazines tell them to do. As long as you're trendy it doesn't matter whether the trend was inspired by underprivileged urchins or anything else. If you see a Japanese youth dressed the way an impoverished ghetto youth dresses because he can't afford anything better, you may rest assured the Japanese youth laid out a ton of cash at some trendy boutiques to achieve that look. One can't expect that the couple both be affecting the same look, as fashion statements here aren't saying what group you belong to, or what lifestyle you belong to, or what music you like, or any of the things you are used to them saying. No....all the fashion statements are saying is "I am trendy".

QuoteQuote:
Quite a lot of your pictures show graffiti, but on my vey short trip to Japan I saw only some graffiti, and it seemed to be in certain areas, not just everywhere, like in many other countries. But a curious cultural contrast to Taiwan, where graffiti is almost non-existent. But again, a modest number of your pictures appear to be in places which in other countries would most likely smell of railway station.
Again, the graffiti here is some decidedly non-ghetto kids doing it in an effort to ape the ghetto kids in America. It is primarily along a certain few major thoroughfares in major cities and mostly limited to a few random bridge supports and underpasses elsewhere.

One thing I like about the photo in question, and which was just totally pure chance, was how the happy couple is walking right by a big heart on the wall. I thought that was kind of cute. Depending on the circumstances, of course, graffiti can make a wonderful background for pictures like that. It is very easy to get photos of interesting people in Tokyo, but it is very difficult to get them with either an uncluttered background or one that isn't distracting.

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

12-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #11091
STk

You can't go by clothes here. People actively try to ape what the fashion magazines tell them to do. As long as you're trendy it doesn't matter whether the trend was inspired by underprivileged urchins or anything else. If you see a Japanese youth dressed the way an impoverished ghetto youth dresses because he can't afford anything better, you may rest assured the Japanese youth laid out a ton of cash at some trendy boutiques to achieve that look. One can't expect that the couple both be affecting the same look, as fashion statements here aren't saying what group you belong to, or what lifestyle you belong to, or what music you like, or any of the things you are used to them saying. No....all the fashion statements are saying is "I am trendy".

Again, the graffiti here is some decidedly non-ghetto kids doing it in an effort to ape the ghetto kids in America. It is primarily along a certain few major thoroughfares in major cities and mostly limited to a few random bridge supports and underpasses elsewhere.

One thing I like about the photo in question, and which was just totally pure chance, was how the happy couple is walking right by a big heart on the wall. I thought that was kind of cute. Depending on the circumstances, of course, graffiti can make a wonderful background for pictures like that. It is very easy to get photos of interesting people in Tokyo, but it is very difficult to get them with either an uncluttered background or one that isn't distracting.

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

The Picture from beginner. Only transformation from RAW to JPEG and compensation to exposures. STak 105/2/8 f 2.8.My daughter
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5D Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 5D Mark II  Photo 
12-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #11092
Pentaxian

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

Mike, thanks. You extend my understanding of Japan. The things which appear incongruous to my eye, as an Australian, are expressive of something in the culture, as you explained. Noticing them in pictures, as a photographer is the kind of thing that I meant a year ago in a comment about photography being a means of helping me to see. Somewhat similar to Taiwan with which I am very familiar, which is not surprising since there is so much interaction. It is very pleasing to get pictures of interesting subjects with backgrounds which are not distracting in some way. The only way to get them is to keep on carrying the camera so when the right thing happens in front of you there is a chance.

You referred to a "ton of cash". One of my students, from Kansas City, MO, would say " a bunch of money".

12-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #11093

Hello everyone,

already with a handfull of takumar and soviet lenses, ( just because this club) and infected by LBA.
just 3 images with my first takumar, first day trial run with manual lens on my K7, taken in Granada, Andalusia, Spain. Here is where I started with my manuals...

Supertakumar 55mm f2 (pristine condition)
(hope to done attachment well)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo     

Last edited by eliasloarre; 12-17-2012 at 03:44 PM.
12-16-2012, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #11094
Veteran Member

Welcome, Elias. Two of your pictures are turned 90 degrees.

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

12-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #11095
Inactive Account

K10D + Super Takumar 105/2.8

12-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #11096
STk

Else from beginner.
STak 105/2.8 f 3/5
Attached Images

12-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #11097
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great beginning!

QuoteOriginally posted by STk Quote
Else from beginner.
STak 105/2.8 f 3/5
You can not go wrong with such a beautiful model
12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #11098
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Elias. Two of your pictures are turned 90 degrees.

Pentax K-5
Takumar 105/2.8 (Preset)

Mike, like always: great photo. What would you say accentuated yellow color on the skin of the model?
12-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #11099
STk

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
You can not go wrong with such a beautiful model
Thank you
12-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #11100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Mike, like always: great photo. What would you say accentuated yellow color on the skin of the model?
My indiscriminate toning of the shadows.