06-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #1486
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
First picture from my Vegas trip:

More to come.

06-22-2011, 03:51 AM   #1487

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
I'm sure the lens will delight now that its made its way home to competent hands. Did you tell everyone? Part of the sale condition is Mike must post at least one shot a week, just so I can sit and learn.

I am actually sad, not solely for the loss of this special lens, but because not posting here will create a void for me. But I still plan to comment, unless you all throw me out. Just a wonderful group of people who inhabit this place--the N forums are, so far, the biggest let down that came with jumping ship.
Why did you let this gem go? any particular reason JT ? seems I miss the story here

QuoteOriginally posted by coolguy1004 Quote
Hi all,
I recently purchased the sigma 10-20/4-5.6. However when I tried to do the lens correction LR does not this profile. In fact, under Lens Profile->Make the list is empty. The picture is RAW, and I know that LR 3.4 has sigma 10-20 lens profile based on this:
Lens profile support | Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS5, Camera Raw 6
LR was able to detect my other Pentax lens fine. Did I miss something?
Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott.. could you share here how to do lens correction on LR? with before and after pic will be much appreciated.
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #1488
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

On my way back from Greece. Hope to post some more interesting pictures I took with the lens when I've unearthed my supply of SDHC cards
06-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #1489
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Second attempt

Attached Images

06-22-2011, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #1490
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For example!
Attached Images

06-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #1491
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
when I've unearthed my supply of SDHC cards
Just how long were you in Greece for?

Archeological dig to find your SDHC cards?? (although it does fit with the way I pack sometimes.)
06-22-2011, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #1492
Veteran Member

Here's a mildy tone-mapped image from RR Canyon with the Sigma 10-20 at 10. I didn't do the detail enhancement or glow stuff; if it were just a little less saturated, it would look very much like the scene did to the naked eye. The blue is the part that's hotter than it was - the red/gold color was that intense, and the greens were poppin; things weren't quite so blue, though.

06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #1493
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
For example!
QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
Here's a mildy tone-mapped image from RR Canyon with the Sigma 10-20 at 10.
Some pretty sweet images.
06-22-2011, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #1494
Forum Member

Pentax K-x + Sigma 10-20 F3.5 @ Tateyama Kurobe, Japan

06-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #1495
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
I've had my 10-20 for only a few days now, but it's already my favorite. It will take me some time to learn to use this lens properly, but I'm having fun while I'm doing it.

Hey there gunslinger, couldn't you at least wait a few posts before you show me up, in my own thread nonetheless? Geeez. You do understand everyone here knows you are shooting the lens I was shooting--there are no possible explanations as to why your shots are so much better than mine, save user skill. I knew I should have added a massive surcharge to the lens cost--just for you--that way you would have bought elsewhere.
06-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #1496
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
jva59: On my way back from Greece. Hope to post some more interesting pictures I took with the lens when I've unearthed my supply of SDHC cards.
This is one advantage to Compact Flash: a little harder to lose, as I'm finding now. I like the 1st shot--is that HDR of an level?

QuoteQuote:
sau970982 Pentax K-x + Sigma 10-20 F3.5 @ Tateyama Kurobe, Japan
Nice & even nicer to see you posting here again.

QuoteQuote:
Silver Elantra: Why did you let this gem go? any particular reason JT ? seems I miss the story here.
Yes, I bought a Full Frame camera. I needed funding to pay for the masterpiece, so much of my Pentax kit went to Marketplace.
06-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #1497
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ikarus Quote
Courage and ambition are traits the character stands for, unfortunately unmitigated by the wisdom that comes with age. Myself, I am beyond the point of being mistaken for a hot-headed youngster, so I'm pretty confident I won't get too close to the sun.
With all due respect, I must comment. Icarus is the metaphor for the Folly of Youth. Courage takes forethought, because one must weigh the consequences of ones actions, consider the risks, then decide if action is warranted. Icarus does not do this, & is overtaken by impulsiveness, acts without thinking, even goes against all his dad's warnings: courage demands consciousness. All the ambition in this myth goes to Daedalus, his loving dad. The myth of Helios and his son Phaethon express a similar, tragic aspect to youth. It is no accident that boys (males) are chosen to embody the essence of this sort of tragedy.

It is worth adding that the term "Greek Mythology" is a misnomer. These stories originally evolved from the Greek religious imagination and were very bit as religious for the Greeks as our religious tales are for us: one must put oneself in another's shoes if one is to even begin to fathom otherness.
06-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #1498
Forum Member

Nice & even nicer to see you posting here again.
Thank you!
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #1499
Veteran Member

It is worth adding that the term "Greek Mythology" is a misnomer. These stories originally evolved from the Greek religious imagination and were very bit as religious for the Greeks as our religious tales are for us: one must put oneself in another's shoes if one is to even begin to fathom otherness.
I think it's appropriate, just as is "Judeo-Christian Mythology"....
06-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #1500
Veteran Member

Hey there gunslinger, couldn't you at least wait a few posts before you show me up, in my own thread nonetheless? Geeez. You do understand everyone here knows you are shooting the lens I was shooting--there are no possible explanations as to why your shots are so much better than mine, save user skill. I knew I should have added a massive surcharge to the lens cost--just for you--that way you would have bought elsewhere.
Perhaps some of your chi passed into the lens. It's quite humbling to hear such a thing from someone I admire. It makes me want to work hard to make it true. Not to surpass you, but to fulfill your statement. Because I feel that I have a long way to go...

I don't think I would have bought this lens yet if it hadn't been this copy. I am aware of the occasional QC issues with this model, and I didn't want to pay much more than $400. So I would probably be just sitting around, feeling jealous and hoping for a bargain if I hadn't bought it from you.