Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sun Opt. 85-210mm f4.8

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 10-17-2011 at 02:40 PM.
10-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's a really sharp lens, nice photos too.
12-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Thsese are good sharp photos. I bought one yesterday too - seemed sharp enough as I tried it out on a local legacy gear shop in Auckland. And yes it is really quite a sharp and good lens - I was similarly impressed ::

12-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A little exercise with the lens again this morning:

Reverse mounted:

03-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Camera

I have this exact lens... I accidentally bought it on ebay with another lens. I am a beginner hobbiest photographer. Can someone please tell me what type of camera you use this lens on? I am needing to find a converter so it can fit my olympus e420.

thanks!
03-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Inactive Account

also.. what is this reverse mounting thing you did on the last photos?
03-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by trishadivine Quote
I have this exact lens... I accidentally bought it on ebay with another lens. I am a beginner hobbiest photographer. Can someone please tell me what type of camera you use this lens on? I am needing to find a converter so it can fit my olympus e420.

thanks!
The lens should have a T-mount adaptor. This means that you can find an appropriate Olympus mount, T-mount ring, perhaps for $15 somewhere like B&H Photo, twist off the current T-mount and twist on the desired (Olympus) T-mount adaptor. It is as easy as taking a lid off a jelly jar, nearly.

The reversal ring is an adaptor that threads onto the front of a lens so you can mount the lens in reverse onto a camera. It just changes the ability of a lens to focus closer to the subject and increase magnification slightly.

My copy has the Pentax K (PK) mount T ring so it can be used on my Pentax cameras (K1000, ZX-50, K10, K-7) in manual mode.

I hope this helps.

03-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
The lens should have a T-mount adaptor. This means that you can find an appropriate Olympus mount, T-mount ring, perhaps for $15 somewhere like B&H Photo, twist off the current T-mount and twist on the desired (Olympus) T-mount adaptor. It is as easy as taking a lid off a jelly jar, nearly.

The reversal ring is an adaptor that threads onto the front of a lens so you can mount the lens in reverse onto a camera. It just changes the ability of a lens to focus closer to the subject and increase magnification slightly.

My copy has the Pentax K (PK) mount T ring so it can be used on my Pentax cameras (K1000, ZX-50, K10, K-7) in manual mode.

I hope this helps.

Thank you! I ordered a t-mount adapter the other day hoping it was right glad to know it was!
thanks again!