Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
52-2-52 Winner
Posted By: JeffJS, 07-14-2010, 09:26 PM

Sorry for the delay folks. I was waiting to find out Which thread I was to pass judgment on, didn't hear back about it so if I've the wrong one, apologies.

There were 5 photos in the contest, which actually makes judging more difficult. All of them have their merits.

In order of appearance...

Woof, I'm a huge fan of fireworks photos. When linked with Independence Day (I believe some forget that is what the 4th is all about), they make my heart beat loud and proud. I think you've captured it nicely and presented it quite well.

Joe, jmschrei, When I first saw it, it was just another ornament photo to me. Your story however gives it a special meaning. I do hope that your oldest brother or sister is still watching over you and your family.

Dan, DanLoc78, In focus or not, that photo brings back a lot of memories for me. Both the excitement and sometimes fiasco of decorating the family Christmas tree was something I looked forward to each year. I like that you captured too, your daughter (?) in the ornament hanging on the tree.

mithrandir, Yours too brings back some fond memories of the season. Before the 'engergy crisis' that's what my street looked like. Not so much anymore and nowadays, people put out some motor driven inflato-decorations (that I find quite tacky) the day after Halloween (yes, Halloween). I would (personally) have liked the lights in the photo to be a bit brighter but as someone who has typically failed miserably at that type of a photo, I still think you did a good job with it.

Jan, JanVan, I have a Tremendous amount of respect for these old dudes. I think it's a shame that we as people fail to learn from and remember what they went through. I guess that is the case with everything though. Out of sight, out of mind. Photos like yours are a reminder (to me) that our freedom isn't free and I thank each and every single service man and woman for giving me My freedom. As to the photo itself, it is a nice parade photo but it speaks volumes to me.

Well there it is, what *I* see and get from each of your entries.

This would have been easier, if there were just one entry but here it is (I'm not naming runners up).. The winner is,

JanVan, for reasons I've given in my descriptions of what I get out of the photos.

Congrats Jan!

Views: 2,307
07-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Congrats JanVan! Thanks too to Jeff for hosting and judging...

Kind regards,

woof!
07-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations to JanVan. I loved the action conveyed in your photograph. Thanks to Jeff for doing the judging honors. A brief pause, and we can all start year 3. Hurray!
07-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats JanVan! Nice job judging Jeff. And yes, that is my daughter pictured in the ornament on the tree. How observant of you! Thanks also for the comments.

On to year 3!

07-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Forum Member

Jeff, thanks for judging. Sorry I didn't give a clear answer on which week you had to judge.
Thanks for judging and I will be judging the firts week of year 3; starting on july 31th whith Architecture - Old.

Hope to see you folks there .
07-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Jan! Thanks for judging, Jeff. I was tied up and couldn't participate in this one, but hope to make all of the new year's challenges.
07-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Jan, van harte! You'll be the first judge in the new season!

07-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gefeliciteerd Jan!
08-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I would like to thank all of you guys who contributed to the project!
This years project must be even more fun! Let our mirrors slap and shutters sound, cheers!