Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Single In August 2012

The rules are simple. Choose one lens and post a picture to the daily group thread. Here is a sample day from July 2012.

There is no pressure and everyday doesn't have to be a masterpiece.

Many parts of the world are represented Australia, Asia, Europe and North America. It's a great way to get more involved in the forums too. (Love to see a contingent from India, Asia Minor, and/or South America)

Here is how it works
Take a picture each day using the same lens for the whole month (it's ok / inevitable to miss a couple of days - so don't worry)
Upload the picture to a "Single in July 2012" album in your album space on the forums or you can use Flickr (Single Challenge link) or other hosting service. If you want comments, you will have to permit commenting by making the photo public in your album, or on Flickr or other service, and Provide a link for us to click through to.

Post the picture to the daily thread here.

You will have to join the group to post there.
Comment on other member's pictures (please and thank you). All comments will be warmly received from the basic "I like it" to "Well, I think you channelled Ansel Adams wonderfully!"
Have fun, learn lots about your camera / lens combination, and yourself!
EASY!

You can freely select any single lens to use for the whole month, and it's OK to use extension tubes, macro add-ons, teleconverters etc. However, please include the lens details when you are posting your pictures.

As this is the Pentax Forums I think it would be best to use Pentax cameras or bodies. As to lenses any manufacturer is ok. So full frame must wait unless you want to use film (Some participants have posted film - you can too!).

If you are unsure how to post pictures please check the video below or ask in this thread.

Patjapan has kindly created a short video clip on how to use the board posting features to post your image in the thread (please 1024 long side) and add a link so that we can leave our comments.

Last edited by mattt; 07-30-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: formatting
07-30-2012, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Ok, I'm in. I'm working on my next setup so I might be a day or two late.
07-30-2012, 08:13 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Count me in too. I've got it down to only about 5 lens now but I'm leaning towards the DA*50-135.
07-30-2012, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Sounds fun, this will be my first time trying this.
I have a few lenses that I haven't really had a chance to use and get to know, so this a great opportunity to do that.

I think I'll choose the Panagor (Vivitar) 28 2.5...

07-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
ASa

Still wondering if I'll have time for this in August, but IF I'm in I'll be either getting to know my DA40ltd or going back to M50 f/1.7....

You'll most likely see me in this again though.
07-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know that September and October will be too crazy for me so I will give August a go for good measure. I am on the second time around for all my lenses. My FA 50/1.4 hasn't been out much lately so I think that will be my choice this time.
07-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I cheated a bit by using a zoom in July, but it was my first time
DA100WR for August: potentially a portrait and lanscape lens as well as a portal into the unexplored world of the tiny.

07-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm up for August.
I'll be using my Sigma EX DG IF HSM 24-70mm F2.8 lens, I purchased it hoping that Pentax will release a FF camera soon...
I'll try to recapture some street art, and people going about their daily life.

Thanks to all the "regulars" and the newcomers. Hi Matt, Tim, Mar, Aki, Joe, Sandy and Julie!
07-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm in, but I haven't told Mrs Rod . I still have several hundred pictures from Japan to edit, plus tax returns, plus ... plus .... bah humbug .... I want some fun and Matt says it's so EASY
I'm thinking Soligor 28mm.
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM   #10

I'm in! Well, I'll try. I have 3 weeks of almost totally unplanned vacation towards the end of august so I'm not sure I will be able to keep up, but I'll definitely try.

Not sure yet about my lens for the month; probably either an FA 28-70 f/4, or an S-M-C Takumar 105 f/2.8. Or maybe an SMC Takumar 55 f/1.8 if I get it in time? It is quite close to the 50 f/1.7 I used this month, but I kind of like this focal range. Wait and see...
07-31-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Oh no! Not a bloody again!

Cheers...you know who!

I'm thinkin' Revuenon 28mm......
07-31-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in Matt. The new project we were supposed to start in August has been postponed to at least Sept, so I'll have some time. Not too long ago i picked up a Pentax DA 16-50 and haven't had a lot of time with it so I think I'll use that. It will be a big difference between that and the 100mm macro prime I used this last month.

NaCl(can't let myself get in a rut)H2O

ps: I've gotten my K-5 back from the camera hospital so I'm a lot happier! I really hadn't realized how much better it was than the K20D until I had to use the latter body this last month.

Last edited by NaClH2O; 07-31-2012 at 04:21 AM.
07-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I'm in Matt. The new project we were supposed to start in August has been postponed to at least Sept, so I'll have some time. Not too long ago i picked up a Pentax DA 16-50 and haven't had a lot of time with it so I think I'll use that. It will be a big difference between that and the 100mm macro prime I used this last month.
So we're playing swapsies! Be gentle and try not to whip my arse; meanwhile I'll have to try to match your July efforts....
07-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@ Sandy
Same goes here! If your shots thump my shots I'm gonna cry...

NaCl(you don't want to make a groan man cry now do you?...)H2O
07-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'll give it a go again - new pentax K 45-125 arrived today - looking forward to getting to know it.