Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Few, The Proud, The PENTAXIANS!

In another thread the other day I came up with the slogan (at least I think I did, I don't remember seeing it somewhere else. If I've plagerized please let me know):

The Few, The Proud, The PENTAXIANS!

Its an obvious play on the US Marines slogan (and no, I wasn't a Marine, I was Air Force).

Stewart_photo and I both had thoughts to do photos to go with the slogan featuring Pentax shooters, then I thought it might be something fun and appropriate for the Mini-Challenge forum.

So here it is, the MEGA Challenge... Shoot a fellow Pentaxian shooting or just holding their camera. Incorporate the slogan somewhere in the photo. As Arial Black seems to be the closest common font to Pentax's, try to use it. Photos do not have to be new or taken specifically for this challenge. If you have existing shots that will work, by all means, use them.

As a challenge, this is not a contest, but if we get some particularly good ones I think we should send them off to Ned Bunnell at Pentax USA. Whatcha think?

Mike
Proud Pentaxian

01-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Probably based the idea on my "plagiarized" post in the same thread where I said we were "the few, the loud and the proud" Pentaxians.

Good idea there MRRiley, I think I have a few shots of my fellow Pentaxians here in Manila "doin' their thang." Have to sift through my archives for these though
01-26-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
(snip) So here it is, the MEGA Challenge... Shoot a fellow Pentaxian shooting or just holding their camera. Incorporate the slogan somewhere in the photo. As Arial Black seems to be the closest common font to Pentax's, try to use it. Photos do not have to be new or taken specifically for this challenge. If you have existing shots that will work, by all means, use them. (snip)

By the way, let me add that the Pentaxian(s) featured in the photos can be yourself, a spouse, or similar. After all, you're certainly a Pentaxian, as are the spouse who supports your photographic endeavors and the others around you who tolerate it all. And rather than just a camera held in the shooting position, also feel free to use your imagination to feature a Pentax photographer or the Pentax lifestyle in a creative, artful, manner. That's it. No firm rules other than the ones you create for yourself.

stewart
01-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Good one Mike.

01-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leadbelly Quote
Probably based the idea on my "plagiarized" post in the same thread where I said we were "the few, the loud and the proud" Pentaxians.

Good idea there MRRiley, I think I have a few shots of my fellow Pentaxians here in Manila "doin' their thang." Have to sift through my archives for these though
Probably right the leadbelly. I think I picked that up and then extrapolated the Marine slogan.. LOL So good on both of us! I think this slogan has "legs." As long as the Marines don't come after us of course. Heck, I may just have to find myself a Pentaxian Marine... Dress Blues, Sword and a K10D... Killer shot!
01-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just an example. My daughter is a faithful PENTAXIAN!

Okay, so it's not high art... LOL
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

A lil' self portrait, lol

01-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Pentaxian

2 things -

I don't know any else who owns a Pentax

And, just out of curiosity, what is the original slogan that you have ripped off?

Ooohh - I see it's a MEGA challenge.
01-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
And, just out of curiosity, what is the original slogan that you have ripped off?

It is a play on the slogan for the U S Marine corps

The few, the proud, the Marines !!
01-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Thanks. Wouldn't it be rather scary and dangerous then having a bumper sticker with that on, as is mentioned elsewhere, as if one or more of them saw it they may take offence?
01-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Thanks. Wouldn't it be rather scary and dangerous then having a bumper sticker with that on, as is mentioned elsewhere, as if one or more of them saw it they may take offence?
I have a couple of Marine friends, and both said it was cool with them, neither are photographers though, much less PENTAXIANS...

Also, if you don't know anyone else with a Pentax, there are always inventive ways to use mirrors. I sorta foresee a shot from Mike Cash taken from his truck where you can see him and his camera in the mirror.

Last edited by MRRiley; 01-27-2008 at 04:50 AM.
01-27-2008, 04:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Have someone else take YOUR picture.

I'm sure the Marines have better things to do than get offended by a slogan. If they do, we'll call out the "Pentax Sealers"
01-27-2008, 04:57 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I have to find some of our "group hugs" from our Pentaxian meets! We number a few, but boy are we proud! I think we should pool resources and have stickers made! Then we can sell it, with profits going to the site... whatcha guys think?
01-27-2008, 05:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

As long as we're ripping off the Jarheads:

"The Pentaxians have arrived and the photography is well in hand"
01-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like it Mike, but its not nearly as recognizable. LOL Maybe...

We're from Pentax and we're here to help (you take good photos)!

but the the original doesn't sound helpful so we'll forego this version... LOL