Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Contest #60: August, 2011 (Wheels)
Contest Number: 61 Contest Theme: Trees 
Posted By: Adam, 08-01-2011, 01:20 PM

The theme for the official PentaxForums.com photo contest for August, 2011 is:

Wheels
The simple machine
There will be two prizes for the winner of this contest and of future contests: featuring in our premier gallery, as well as an upgraded account for 3 months, with added attachment space, Marketplace access, and more! As usual, please do not post your submissions in this thread; see above! Limit one photo per user. Good luck to all participants! If this is your first contest, you may be interested in reading rules and procedure below.

Contest Procedure | Contest Rules | Submit | Vote for July's Winners

We invite everyone to participate in this month's contest and also vote for last month's entries! The poll is now up (link above)!

As always:
  • One photo per user. Please post only one submission thread. Our automated system only checks the latest post within that thread, so if you are updating your entry, please do so in a reply or make an edit to your original post.
  • Photo must be between 300x300 and 1024x1024 pixels, and smaller than 1Mb
  • We prefer that your photos are submitted as attachments - they load faster, and guarantee that you don't exceed limits

Views: 12,771
08-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #2

Hey jimH, someone will probably come around and tell you this, but i thought i'd go ahead and let you know...You're gonna want to make sure you click the submit option in the original post to submit your photo.
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
08-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Abandoned wheels

Dali,China

08-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HalfDeadTree Quote
Hey jimH, someone will probably come around and tell you this, but i thought i'd go ahead and let you know...You're gonna want to make sure you click the submit option in the original post to submit your photo.
Thanks, I discovered that myself this morning and moved it to this thread, I think.
08-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Images posted in this thread are not counted as submissions. Follow the guidance Adam provided above to actually enter your images in the contest.

Also, please make sure your images meet the minimum image size requirements. Even then you should go as large if possible since smallish images rarely if ever get a significant amount of votes, much less contend to win the competition.

Mike
PF Moderation Team
08-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

So, for this one you are looking for a simple machine with wheels, like the carts above that were mistakenly posted? I think that the term simple is up to interpretation. Just looking for clarification.

08-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Any photo that includes a WHEEL will fit the theme... complexity doesn't matter... Basically the phrase "the simple machine" just says that a round thing that you roll something on can be considered one of the world's simplest machines.
08-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Help

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Any photo that includes a WHEEL will fit the theme... complexity doesn't matter... Basically the phrase "the simple machine" just says that a round thing that you roll something on can be considered one of the world's simplest machines.
Help,
Trying to make my first submission..............I made the post, but it seems to be in the wrong place......
08-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

If you click the SUBMIT link above in Adam's post, fill in the requested info and either attach or link to your image (in IMG /IMG tags) it will automatically go into the submission queue.

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
Help,
Trying to make my first submission..............I made the post, but it seems to be in the wrong place......
Looks like it is in the right place so you should be good to go....

Mike
PF Moderation Team
08-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #11
Forum Member

[langtitle=fr]Où est ma photo ?[/langtitle]

Bonjour Monsieur MRRiley,

Je ai téléchargé ma photo pour le concours de aout mais je ne parviens pas à la voir sur le site.

Comment la visionner ?

Merci de votre réponse
08-11-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ikoflex Quote
Bonjour Monsieur MRRiley,

Je ai téléchargé ma photo pour le concours de aout mais je ne parviens pas à la voir sur le site.

Comment la visionner ?

Merci de votre réponse
I just checked and I saw your photo correctly submitted in the submission forum

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #13

Wheels

Hi Adam

I would like to know if my picture is placed in the right forum

Regards

Last edited by Ogion; 08-12-2011 at 11:13 AM.
08-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ogion Quote
Hi Adam

I would like to know if my picture is placed in the right forum

Regards
Your photo is in the right place Ogion... Good luck!
08-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is it possible to change entries?

Many thanks and sorry for the trouble...

C. Durfor
Closed Thread