Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

ensinor 24mm f28 auto macro lens

Can someone please enlighten me. I have this lens in my collection. The rear cap has the letters CO-Y. The front cap has YASHICA. The lens is in near mint condition. I cannot recall where it came from or can discover what camera body this fits. It is not Pentax as I would expect in my collection. Could it be Yashica. Both caaps are a loose fit which makes me suspicious that it might not be.

I am interested whether I can find an adapter to fit to pentax. I know that Ensinor lens was made in Pentax but beyond that, I can find nothing.

I can take apicture of this lens but am at a loss to add to this forum.

06-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CO-Y or C/Y should be Contax/Yashica mount. The registration distance of it is 45.50 mm and the Pentax K mount on is 45.46mm so in theory it should be possible to adapt it and retain infinity focus, but if the width of the mount is too large then it may not be doable. In fact, just googled it and it sounds like the only way to do it is to replace the rear mount of the lens with a K mount one...
06-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The caps would indicate a contact yashica mount but visually it does not match with the Yashica mount pictured in another thread.
It has all the appearances of a Pentax mount. Has the ubiquitous red dot on the mount. The lugs match, but when you match up the red dots it does not put the lugs in the right place.
There is also a piece of machined metal screwed above one of the fixing lugs. This is immediately opposite a spring loaded latch This piece of metal physically prevents the lens entering the body. This will interfere even with a changed mount. You get the impression that this metal piece covers an aperature that might be used with a different mount.
The mount looks modern but with no contacts. It all puzzles me.
regards thoramay.
06-25-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It's not a Nikon F mount is it?

06-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Can you suggest where I might see a picture of that Nikon mount. The ensinor is not quality so I am thinking that it is not likely to be NIkon.
06-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

See if that works.
06-26-2010, 02:13 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the guidance. It is deffinately not a Nikon mount.

I do have a photo of this . I simply don't know how to put in in this thread.