Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LET THE ADVENTURE CONTINUE: PENTAX UNVEILS Optio WG-2 and Optio WG-2 GPS

News update from the official Pentax website:

13th Generation PENTAX Adventure Cameras Now Waterproof to 40 Feet, New Backlit 16 MP Sensor, Shoots 1080p Video and Feature Six LED Lights, and
Optional SportMount Chest Harness

DENVER, CO. …PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION just pushed the PENTAX WG adventure camera series to the edge for the 13th time with the introduction of the PENTAX Optio WG-2 and PENTAX Optio WG-2 GPS digital com...

Pentax news announcement: Pentax Announces Optio WG-2 - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anybody know what PIM III format is? Hopefully that's some kind of RAW, even if it's proprietary.
02-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
WG-2 Specifications

I'm not sure- could it be a feature of JPEG? Doubt they'd ever put RAW in a P&S.

I'm attaching the specsheet, BTW.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf wg2_specs.pdf (301.3 KB, 749 views)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The PIM format is a freeware compression tool by Ilia Muraviev. It uses an LZP-based compression algorithm with a set of filters for executable, image and audio files. Personal Information Manager file.

02-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

It has a backlit CMOS sensor - that's quite promising! Maybe I will replace my W10, this camera may be the first of the endless row of W-Optios released since I bought the W10 6 years ago that actually has improved IQ when using higher ISO than 100.
02-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Doubt they'd ever put RAW in a P&S.
I suppose for the strict definition of point and shoot (no settings) that would make sense, but this isn't really that. It's a compact. There are compacts with RAW (some of them from Ricoh). None that are waterproof as far as I know though. (Unless you count hacked firmware for the Canon D10.)