Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #1

Where to buy Pentax in Las Vegas???

Hi Folks...

In May 2009 we go to Las Vegas...then we do a Tour with a RV to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches Nationalpark, Bryce Canyon and Zion Nationalpark.

Now i think about buying a 12-24 in Las Vegas. But i don't know where to buy it and i can't find Prices.

My biggest Problem is, that i don't know if a Dealer has it in his Stock, when we arrive at Las Vegas.

So..can someone recommend a good Shop??

Thanks for some Information...

Greetings from Germany...

Marcus

12-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Damn Brit

No guarantee on you finding what you want but I've heard that the pawn shops in Vegas are a great place to get stuff cheap. Never know what you might find.
12-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
http://www.bandccamera.com/prod.html These guys show Pentax as a brand they carry, but you better call ahead and maybe order in what you want ahead of time or at least find out what's in stock.

Damn Brit, is that because they lost it all and need to sell the gear to buy a ticket home?
12-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Damn Brit, is that because they lost it all and need to sell the gear to buy a ticket home?
So I've heard.

12-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #5

Same question here - I will be in Vegas from Jan 7 to Jan 10 (for the CES show) and would maybe go for a 21mm DA if I can find a Pentax dealer. Could a forum member recommend one ?
I will also have a qucik stop in San Jose on Jan 6, so a store in the Bay Area might be an option too...
12-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
see my post above and also go to ths page: Store Locator - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

Just use zip code 89102
12-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #7

I always kind of wonder when I see threads like this.

As it turns out Vegas, for whatever reason, isn't really a great town for photography.

When I tried to locate a store to try out a Pentax body before buying one? No luck. When I was trying to find a lab to get some slides processed? No luck. (I did find out later on that the Cheyenne campus of Nevada's community college does slides--even medium/large format work, and that some pros use it because of that.)

I'm sure if I looked harder I could probably find something, but I buy everything online anyway. B&C Camera is the only shop I visit, and when I do go there it's when I need to pick up some small thing for my film camera. Also, the main woman who works there (she has a German accent) is awesome. When ringing up a transaction, she refers to the tax as "the government" as she hits the key on the register and it makes me smile every time.

12-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
I live in Las Vegas. R C Willey stocks and sells DSLR Kits and Point and Shoot from Pentax; no accessories. Casey's Camera was always a Pentax place, but haven't been there for months, so don't know if that changed or not. As far as that list on Pentax's site, it's for retailers that have a piece or two and can order or do on-line stuff. As far as special things like Limited Lenses, you better make your arrangements in advance, 'cause you probably won't find 'em here. And the "limited selection" thing is not exclusive to Pentax, it's for other lines, too. Advice, buy on-line and bring the stuff with you. You want to be sure you have the right stuff when you go to the Grand Canyon 'cause it is inspiring and amazing. The new Hoover Dam bypass is very photo-worthy, too.
12-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I'm going to Vegas in March for my brothers batchelor party, and you can bet I'll be taking cash and credit to scour the shops.

I won't say I don't gamble, but usually have a very low set amount I'm willing to lose if I do gamble, and either I lose a little or I win a lot, but I never can see myself having to pawn my gear because I lost it all. Very sad really!!!
12-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #10

I went through Pawnshops in Vegas and didn't find anything Pentax related worth buying.
Most of the camera stores used to carry Pentax, but don't anymore (Casey's and Sahara Camera Center). There are two small stores on the strip that have some Pentax Kits but because they're on the strip, charge accordingly.
12-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by tomele Quote
Same question here - I will be in Vegas from Jan 7 to Jan 10 (for the CES show) and would maybe go for a 21mm DA if I can find a Pentax dealer. Could a forum member recommend one ?
I will also have a qucik stop in San Jose on Jan 6, so a store in the Bay Area might be an option too...

Buy the 21mm DA before you come to Vegas.

I have looked at quite a few stores in Vegas and you won't find that lens in stock anywhere. I suggest purchasing online from B&H

If you are set on still looking in Vegas, try Ritz Camera on the corner of Warm Springs and LAs Vegas Blvd or Casey's Camera as a previous poster suggested.

I expect you'll only find the general Pentax gear, k20d body, battery grip, kit lens, etc.