Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

super program

bought a pentax super program ,everything works great except the shutter will not fire,has new batteries, film advance lever works ,even meter works,i can see it through the veiwfinder.thanks michael

10-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

You got me a little confused here. How do you test the film advance if the shutter will not fire?

That question aside, what exactly do you see in the viewfinder? It was just yesterday that we had a user complaining of a similar problem on a Program Plus only to find that the mirror was stuck in the up position to the remnants of old mirror bumper foam. Translation...The viewfinder was totally dark except for the meter display.

Check that your mirror is not stuck to the top of the mirror box.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-27-2010 at 07:24 PM.
10-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
steve, film advance will work,mirror is not up,when you look through the veiwfinder you see the numbers at the bottom(batteries in) the film advance works great as it keeps cocking but the shutter will not fire.no matter how many times you use the film advance lever(by cocking it) the shutter will not fire. thanks michael
07-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Well, I think its time to revive an old thread. I have picked up a Super Program on the cheap and am having the same problem. you can run the advance lever over and over again. The advance system works, and the shutter does not cock. I got this one attached to a Winder ME II, so I thought maybe it had something to do with that. If the body is junk, at least what I paid for the pair is a good price for the winder. On the other hand, I've been looking around for a Super Program, so I was hoping it was something simple. Thanks in advance!

Pete

07-11-2011, 08:57 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My old P3n has an intermittent problem like that. I have a post in the Film SLR section, responding to someone else, with a similar issue. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/83440-p30t-kee...tml#post865348

It might not be exactly the same issue but you may be able to figure out what's wrong by removing the bottom plate and seeing what moves and what doesn't.