Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #1

Pentax X90

Hi,

I just bought the Pentax X90 for my son. Just received it yesterday as a matter of fact but we are having some odd issues and I'm not sure if they are normal or not.

We have read through the manual, a long one at that, and didn't clarify anything.

First of all, in TV, M, or AV mode, we set the shutter speed to 1\4000 which at first, would take a picture no matter how fast it was moving, now it simply goes very dark , both on the LCD and the picture itself, only the brightest light will show through. If I set the shutter speed as low as it will go, I can finally make out a picture but it's still fairly dark. Even if you depress the snapshot button just to focus, it's almost completely black.

We tried to reset the settings a few times, but it still happens. I don't know if I'm missing a setting or not but it worked before.

Second, is it normal for the camera to get very warm by the mode\del controls? Basically the area on the right of the LCD gets very warm.

Thank You for any help,

Paul

11-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know anything about this camera, but it sure sounds like you got a bad copy. That happens once in a while, even with Pentax. Hopefully you can return it for another without any trouble. Good luck.
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This needs to be posted in point and shoot/compact digital section, better chance of getting replies there.
11-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, I will post it there.