Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax ME (not Super) crank/rewind problem

Hey,

I just purchased a Pentax Me. After some film loading issues, I shot a roll successfully. Rewound correctly and the photos developed.

Now my advance crank has no tension -- and I can't load another roll of film into it. My rewind button seemed normal, and then I pressed it again, and now it looks like it's stuck.

Searched the forums for any answers but didn't seem to find any for the Pentax ME. Any help? I'm in Korea right now and have no real access to any camera shops where they speak English.

Thanks!

11-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Just to add -- it doesn't seem as if the mirror is stuck, since I can see through the viewfinder.

Also, the LED light sensor does not work anymore either.
11-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Okay, further! I seem to have fixed it by advancing the white spindle by my hand.

Anyone know what the problem is here? I'm worried that this is going to happen in the middle of a roll.
11-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
I had a similar problem with my ME Super. I loosened the screws on the base plate (particularly the one below the shutter release) and something made a noise and everything was back to normal. It was probably just dirty and sticky and needed something to help loosen it. I have seen other posts saying that you only need to tap the base plate. It happened to me one other time, and I had to completely remove the base plate and poke around until it reset itself. Been going good for 10 years since then though