Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ashia Pentax Right Angle Finder

Will the Ashia Pentax Angle Finder K fit the Pentax K10 D or the Pentax K20 D?

05-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rees Quote
According to my K10D manual its the Angle Finder Type A that fits.

According to this site http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/misc/focus/index.html which is very good , there isnt a right angle finder F, theres a strait magnifier type Fb that fits the K10D

ChrisJ

Last edited by ChrisJ; 05-09-2009 at 03:10 AM.
05-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

In my bag is an old RA finder marked ASAHI PENTAX Japan, no model indicated. It did not fit my K20D or ZX-M at first. I used needlenose pliers to bend the flanges for a force-fit - clumsy, but it works, although eliminating any resale value. Another eBay purchase based on inadequate information, oy.
05-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a Refconverter A and a Magnifier M, both of which fit the K20.

05-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Refconverter M also FITS the flange on the eyepiece, but you will probably not be able to see the LED's below the focusing screen. The "A" version is likely optically identical to the M, but has a cut-out that made viewing below the actual focusing screen possible when in-viewfinder indicators were introduced.
05-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have an old Spiratone right angle finder that fits the K1000 well, but needs a bit of filing to fit the DSLRs. I would imagine that any eyepiece accessory designed for the K-series would be the same.
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rees Quote
The K and S will NOT fit the K10D.

"-M" and "-A" fit all newer bodies from the M and A bodies up. The -K and -S fit only the k series and screwmount bodies. If the focusing magnifier or angle finder is marked as -S, -K, or -KS it will only fit the K and screwmount lenses.

05-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Refconverter M also FITS the flange on the eyepiece, but you will probably not be able to see the LED's below the focusing screen. The "A" version is likely optically identical to the M, but has a cut-out that made viewing below the actual focusing screen possible when in-viewfinder indicators were introduced.
But you could probably get around it by drilling a somewhat bigger whole in the mounting plate of the refconverter. Beside that, I think they are the same. Look at picture that compare the M and A models at Dimitrovs marvelous K mount site: http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/misc/focus/refconverter-AM.jpg

I don't think the two K versions will fit without some clever modification.
05-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I have both of these as well. I much prefer the Refconverter A. I don't like the small eyepiece on the Magnifier--if I wear my glasses I can barely see through the thing. If I don't, I feel like it's going to poke my eye out. I had initially thought that I might be able to use use Magnifier M & flip it out of the way when handholding the camera but this is uncomfortable for me--if I'm going to do this, then OME-53 is better despite much lower magnification.
09-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #10

Hi guys another newie to the forum..Does anyone know if the cheaper seagull brand ref converter lets you see inside viewfinder info?....Thanks

Last edited by westwood; 09-18-2009 at 12:51 AM.
09-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #11

Oops sorry camera is K20D