Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Back ordered camera

Has anyone done business with Broadway Photo? I ordered a k20d from them on 8/29/2009 and still have not received my order. I have called them a couple time and they say its back ordered and it will be another 3 days this has happened a couple times. The price of the camera new was $669.00 and the included a kit lens. The price on the website is now $900.00 for the same camera. Should I give them more time or cancel my order and buy someplace else? Why would the price change so much in such a short time? Recommendations please.
Regards,
Gary

09-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I feel sorry for you. Broadway Photo's reputation is far from being stellar. A few months ago, they had to pay a hefty fine for shoddy business practice.
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
cancel if you can. the store is known for scams, but it seems they've got some good reviews over the past 6 months: resellerratings
09-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I delt with them too last year. I tried to buy a K10D from them and they asked me to purchase other items including a MANUAL IN ENGLISH!!!! The guy also said the battery that came with the camera only held A CHARGE FOR 30 MINUTES!! He wanted more money for a GOOD BATTERY!!! I was told it was also backordered and I waited two weeks and then cancelled. They don't charge your credit card if the item is not available.

I don't mean to yell........ BUT @#$%^%$##$$%%$##%@@* and @#^*&^%$$#%$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happily, I found a fella on EBAY who sold me one used for a great price in EXCELLENT condition which I still have today!

When checking out mailorder/online dealers, look at the fine print. Theirs is so fine I literaly needed a magnifying glass to read it. Also, don't let a potential bad experience from them keep you from considering other dealers, do your research. Comming to this forum is an excellent way to find out. Broadway Photo will list all sorts of equipment at HOT prices but make sure it is a current item and you may be getting a GREY MARKET item. It says so in the fine print. They will also list an item that is discontinued ( Pentax K20D) at a REALLY HOT price.
But it is dico'd and that is why it is backordered.

Check it: the current flagship is the K7.

Welcome to the forum and cancel that order!

Last edited by res3567; 09-12-2009 at 12:40 AM.