Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K200d taking pictures by itself

Hi there. I faced a problem using my k200d. One day I was taking some pictures of clouds and suddenly camera began taking a lot of pictures without having shutter button pressed. By the way I suppose there was much more than 2.8 frames/1 sec. I switched camera off and nothing happened. Then I opened battery door and camera just stoped. When I closed door , the mirror claped one more time and then everything was working fine but there was no picture saved I took before that rapid-fire. Could you explain me where is the problem?

09-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If no pictures were saved, I'm guessing that what was really happening was the aperture blades were opening and closing by themselves, not anything to do with the mirror or shutter. I suppose that could happen if the lens were not quite mounted properly and the level that normally controls the blades slipped. Seems someone else described having a similar problem once; you might try browsing/searchin around for that thrad to see if anyone had any other ideas. If it doesn't happen again, I'd treat as a fluke and forget about it. Similar thing happened to me when I first tried out a lens I had bought - pressing the shutter made the aperture blades go creazy the first two pictures I tried to take. I remvoed the lens, remounted it, and have never had that problem again.
09-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

strange... Only thing I can think of is - do you have a battery grip on and were you perhaps inadvertently holding down the shutter button on the battery grip? I did that once, although I wasn't pressing hard enough to release the shutter, only to have the autofocus go crazy on me...

I was simply walking along holding the camera in my hand and heard the AF running - I was thinking - "what the heck it's going crazy on me.." Then later I realized I had been putting pressure on the shutter release button that's on the grip.
09-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No, I do not have battery grip. I found a thread and it seems that most of k200d users faced a problem. All of them run out of battery energy

09-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Well, I'd hardly say "most" K200D user have faced this. But of course if someone starts a thread on the topic, those who *have* would be more likely to chime in an see "me too". My guess is that the folks who posted to that thread represent pretty much the *only* K200D users here who have experienced it, and the vast majority haven't. So I'd still say, if it's a one time thing, write it off as some sort of temporary glitch and don't worry about it.
09-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i experienced this type of phenomenon after doing a dust removal process - never happened since
09-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #7

I think the answer is very obvious! Your camera is telling you that you are not using it sufficiently. It is demanding more use. You absolutley MUST get it out more often!!! What the heck are you doing???!!!!!

09-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #8
Stf

Hi,

I have a K200D since April this year and also experienced this. I believe this may happen when batteries are (almost) empty (I have no grip). I may be wrong but it is what I assumed anyway.
Stf
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stf Quote
Hi,

I have a K200D since April this year and also experienced this. I believe this may happen when batteries are (almost) empty (I have no grip). I may be wrong but it is what I assumed anyway.
Stf
Aha, so its an unadvertised feature. Its the Pentax Low Battery Audible Alert.
10-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Mine did it once. A symptom of really low batteries...