Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2007, 06:08 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Off-Camera Flash

hello all, and a merry xmas .
i have just bought a flash bracket, for use on my k10d, for macro work i have a 360 pentax flash, and have tried using it in wireless mode , i find it is to much messing about, slaves chanells pre flashes, and so on, and the manual is not very explicit, or maybe my brain is not on parr with einsteins. Anyway i just want to use flash hot shoe adapter, off camera lcable etc, bung them on and away i go, the question is i think these leads are quite expensive , and rare on e bay, but when i used a nikon f80 they where a lot cheaper and easy to get hold of on ebay. now then can i use any other leads and adapters that may be cheape, i know you can use other flashes if trigger voltage is low enough, so would this mean you could use the leads etc that come with it?????????????????.
forgive my ignorance, butmany thanks for any info you could supply me with................... KC.
ps happy new year and good health to you all~~~

12-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I know Henrys here in Toronto still sells the off camera kit, around $75 last i checked.

As far as wireless, have you updated to the latest firmware. The wireless issue was addressed in ver II, which was done after the manual was printed.

I set my pop up to #2 in the flash menu ( i think its number two, my camera is out with my kid right now,)and it fires my 360 fine.

Dave
12-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I found the wireless system to be very simple to use. I turn on my camera, set it to wireless flash mode. Turn on the flash, setting it to wireless... and I start shooting.

Have you misconfigured your system somehow? Is that why it's not working like it should?

I'm inquiring because I don't see how linking cords together is a simplier solution than setting 2 devices into wireless mode.
12-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #4

Original Poster
simple wireless ?

many thanks Avant, maybe it is a misconfiguration, maybe it is a camera fault? but if one has not had problems using off camera flash via adapter, cable , and now wireless mode is giving one headache, then yes cable and adapter falls into the category of stick with what you know.
regards kc

12-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jezuit 60 Quote
many thanks Avant, maybe it is a misconfiguration, maybe it is a camera fault? but if one has not had problems using off camera flash via adapter, cable , and now wireless mode is giving one headache, then yes cable and adapter falls into the category of stick with what you know.
But the thing is that wireless flash is so simple to use that everything should work right out of the box, unless you have messed around with the settings. Just make sure you have upgraded your K10D firmware (ver 1.00 does not work, you need ver 1.10 to ver 1.30), set both to wireless and fire away.

If it still does not work, read up on the manual about setting channels and slave mode - but you shouldn't have to unless you have changed them accidentally in the first place. Why spend more money if you don't have to?
12-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #6

Original Poster
many thanks to all, problem solved , system was misconfigured.
many many thanks KC