Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #1

Anyone tried a bower flash in k-r ?

Well, i did. yesterday i have recieve a bower 926 flash and i cant believe how bad it result.
The first test shoot was a blank picture in P mode (using p-ttl), like shooting a supernova.
i must say this is my first flash and maybe its my fault, but i cant doing that bad because again in P mode, boucing the flash, the result are spectacular.

So i must guess that the flash is firing full power when pointed directed and when bounced?

today, i will upgrade the k-r firmware and see what happen, otherwise i will send it back

01-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #2

Original Poster
Yesterday i have upgraded the firmware and the same thing, a blank picture.
Just to mention, when i tested the flash using P mode, i was in a semi-dark room and the camera choose, 1/30, iso 800 f 5.6.

Now im sure the flash was always using full power, because it took several seconds to recharge

Anyway, i will send it back and probably i will buy a more expensive sigma directly in store.
01-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #3

Original Poster
Just to update.

Today i bought a samsung 36pzf and it works great, tried on the store and the exposure is excellent on direct flash or bouncing flash.