Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
Forum Member

Radiopopper Will Surport Pentax P-TLL Flash

I posted an email to Radiopper. (pocket wizards with TTL) for off camera wireless flash. Here is the email and response I got

RadioPopper - Radio Slave TTL Flash Triggering System

"HI here.
Canon / Nikon are not the only ones in the DSLR game. Pentax are back in the game! You may have heard of the k10D, 2007 camera of the year. Pentax have two fantastic P-TTL flash guns the af-360 & af-540. Pocket Wizard seem to think PENTAX is not worth surporting with their products, eg adaptors / cabels. PENTAX have always had great glass! Now they are making great DSLR cameras to match. Now we Pentaxians need is great surport and interest from 3rd party product manufacturers like radiopoper. The market is hot for pentax gear. Try to find pentax glass old and new on ebay? It's not cheap anymore"

----------RESOPSE EMAIL------------

Thanks for your interest. I really appreciate the feedback. Actually, I fully intend to release a Pentax version very shortly after the initial version. In designing this product, I made sure the hardware was the same and in most cases, I should be able to tune it to each camera maker with just a software adjustment - basically we can insert a number of say "Pentax" models into our current Canon production line without any extra overhead or setup costs - that means I can easily adapt it on the fly. I know Pentax and many of the other makers are picking up steam quickly. Off camera flash is about 2 steps away from becoming a "consumer" product also so I tried to keep all those things in mind.

I have not actually tested the product with Pentax yet (note I'm a P fan though - I grew up on a K1000, shot P all the way until I went digital). I've been focused on the "big two". However, I do think there is a very good chance the current Canon / Nikon model will also work with Pentax just as is. We need to test a few things on the P timing requirements, see what tolerance is given to the light "pickup" sensor in the P slave flashes and so on.

We should have final production units in hand in a few weeks and once we kick off Canon and Nikon production, my next task will be to round up gear from all the other makers and put it on the test bench.

So long story short... I intend to support as many additional brands as possible. :-)

Thanks man!

Kevin King ~ Sr. Developer ~ Photographer

12-03-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'll be thrilled beyond words if the Radiopopper Jr model lives up to what they project for it.