Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2008, 02:37 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
auto extension tube

i have only found pro optic's auto extension which is 85 dolar in Amazon, Adorama....
Amazon.com: Pro Optic Auto Extension Tube Set for Pentax-KPR Mount, 3 Tubes.: Electronics
i sent e-mail to adorama whether af is available or not and i am waiting for answer.
ii couldn't find any alternative to "pro optic" which is a little expensive for me...
ii don't expect using af with 3 tubes, but i think i can use af up to 25 mm (like kenko's) if af is available like canon's pro optic extensions.
any suggestions???
thanks
halil

02-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by hll Quote
i have only found pro optic's auto extension which is 85 dolar in Amazon, Adorama....
Amazon.com: Pro Optic Auto Extension Tube Set for Pentax-KPR Mount, 3 Tubes.: Electronics
i sent e-mail to adorama whether af is available or not and i am waiting for answer.
ii couldn't find any alternative to "pro optic" which is a little expensive for me...
ii don't expect using af with 3 tubes, but i think i can use af up to 25 mm (like kenko's) if af is available like canon's pro optic extensions.
any suggestions???
thanks
halil
Let us know if Auto Focus and exposure is available with these tubes. Adorama is sometimes very slow at answering questions.
02-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
hll

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joelw135 Quote
Adorama is sometimes very slow at answering questions.
i hope they won't
02-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kenko's Uniplus used to be available in K mount. Sometimes you can find them on eek-bay. The Kenko company site still lists them as available in K mount so I'm still hopeful that they will start to manufacture them again. Since both Tamron and Sigma are starting to make more lenses available in K mount I hope that Kenko follows suit. The Uniplus comes in both 25mm and 12mm flavors.

NaCl(been looking for an affordable one for a while)H2O

02-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
hll

Original Poster
i ordered pro optic extension without being informed
i will inform you as soon as i get it...
thanks
halil
i still would be very happy when one of you call adorama and ask about the item
i really worry that it won't have the function of ae!!!

Last edited by hll; 02-07-2008 at 09:56 AM.
02-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
hll

Original Poster
adorama :

It has Auto exposure !!

Many thanks !!

Gruoso also (from this forum) called them, they told same thing to him. i hate their customer service

halil
05-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #7

Pro-Optic Auto Extension Tubes

Sorry if this shows my ignorance, but do these work with the automatic lenses. like my sigma 17-70 or Pentax Kit lens with no aperture ring?

Why the heck doesn't Pentax make these?

Thanks,
George

05-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
hll

Original Poster
yes george, it does.
i use it with my 50-135, it does Auto exposure but no AF...
it is very solid, i recommend you if manual focus is ok for you.
halil
05-23-2008, 05:47 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guessing you will see a lot of Pentax stuff from Kenko. They now have a vested interest in Pentax. The Hoya owner and Kenko owner are brothers!
thanks
barondla

Enter POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #7 at P&S forum. Any camera except slr. Any brand. Any subject.
08-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hll Quote
yes george, it does.
i use it with my 50-135, it does Auto exposure but no AF...
it is very solid, i recommend you if manual focus is ok for you.
halil
halil, have you been happy with the pro-optics extension tube on the DA*50/135? from what you wrote they apparently allow aperture adjustment through the camera, are just manual focus, correct? thanks.

kasey
08-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
hll

Original Poster
yep, i am happy...
it does focus only manually.
it allows apperture adjustment (you can change the aperture on camera)
it consists of three tubes, 21mm, 31mm and 13 mm...
and it is made in Japan....
if you can't find kenko tubes, i highly recommended you....
halil
12-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Halil merhaba;
bu ekipmani satin almayi düsünüyorum, ama yazılanlar ban bir sey ifade etmedi cunku dil bilmiyorum.
Bu kpr mount meselesi aklimi karistirdi, bizim 10 20d lere yani k mounta uymulu mudur? Arti otomatik odaklama calisiyor mu?
Umarim hala buralardasindir, selamlar..
12-19-2008, 10:33 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Guessing you will see a lot of Pentax stuff from Kenko. They now have a vested interest in Pentax. The Hoya owner and Kenko owner are brothers!
Very interesting. I recall seeing this factoid before. May I ask how you came across this piece of info? Thanks.
12-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Know a rep (for many, many years) with a company that distributes kenko in the US. Company owner has plays golf with one of the brothers (maybe both). Thats how they know both brothers.
Figure that there will be more stuff made for Pentax. Hopefully.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #13 WINNERS in P&S forum. Enter #14. Any brand camera. Enter now!
12-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Know a rep (for many, many years) with a company that distributes kenko in the US. Company owner has plays golf with one of the brothers (maybe both). Thats how they know both brothers.
Figure that there will be more stuff made for Pentax. Hopefully.
thanks
barondla
Thank you for this. I always knew there was a close relationship between Hoya and Kenko, and now this makes sense. It certainly puts paid to the people at DPR who keep spinning their story saying there is nothing but a distribution relationship between the 2 companies.

Back to the original topic. I have a set of the 3 Kenko extension tubes myself. Great product.