Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Refconverter A

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I bought a Refconverter A off Ebay a few days ago HERE and it arrived yesterday but I notice on the bottom of it is the letter M.
Does this mean it is infact not a Refconverter A but a Refconverter M?

I have contacted the seller who has offered me a refund as he is not sure but if so whats the difference and is it worth the price I paid?

TIA

04-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can refer to this link
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/25194-right-ang...entax-k10.html
04-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your price still seems fair, even if it is the M-version.

I saw another for 105 Euro :
Pentax Winkelsucher M für Digital und Analog bei eBay.de: (endet 14.04.09 12:42:43 MESZ)

And the Olympus OM Varimagni for 85 Euro

Here is from another user :

William M Kane
Fri, 21 May 2004 14:25:30 -0700
"Hello all,

A month or two back, I posted to the list, asking if the Refconverter M could be mounted to the *ist D. I'm happy to report back now, that I have obtained and tested this item on my own *ist D. One of the concerns was that the M series cameras had a smaller viewfinder (or at least the viewfinder and the information contained there-within). As it turns out, the M Refconverter is able to see all information in the viewfinder of the *ist D, which I believe is due to the smaller size.

As a side note, this was a purchase from ebay, which I believe I got a good deal on. Upon arrival, I found that the refconverter had been dropped during it's life, and had a crack in it when viewed from the nonbusiness end of the Refconverter. However, when viewed from the business end, the crack is not visible, and it is a perfectly acceptable user model. I attribute this to the great manufacturing of Pentax."

Here is another link, about the A and M :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/41108-right-angle-view-finder.html
"Refconverter M and Refconverter A (apparently still made for the Japanese market, and having a larger cutout to view the LED displays on the bottom of A and later camera viewfinders, will work on all current DSLR's."

Frank sold the A for 150 $. It is 369 $ from B&H