Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Winners: Point & Shoot Contest #23 - "People"

Firstly, thanks to all who entered! I consider the main spirit of this contest to show off what can be done with p&s cameras and sharing those shots. Considering that and the level of participation I think we should consider going back to no theme and maybe even raising the allowed number of shots. The decision will be up to the next host however. I chose not to make the deadline very long for this one as has been done before, I dont think that helps that much and its a negative for those who are actually active and submitting because they have to wait weeks before they can submit again to a new contest.

Anyways, the theme was quite broad, allowing for any shot with a person in the frame, which makes it more difficult to judge, someone must win however so I have made my judgment but again I thank all for entering and contributing and hope you will continue to participate.

so without further rambling:

Shared third place:
mbsimpsoid: A great expression of happiness and shows some if the fun you can have with a waterproof camera and a good idea for a shot. I think if I went somewhere like the great barrier reef where snorkeling is a must Id buy one of those cameras just for the possibilities of shooting underwater.

Bart: compositionally a good shot and it goes well in BW, the fishermen being silhouettes and the people walking not is an interesting twist

Second Place:
jheu02/John: What an expression! And fits very literally with the title, you can see the genuine expression of surprise and guilt written all over him with the evidence visible on his fingers. just a great moment captured at the right time.

Winner:
rustynail925: I hadnt thought that someone would use the 3 picture rule to enter 3 versions of 1 shot imo they are gradually better and the last one has become very good. (you could even straighten the horizon a bit). The processing is great, the subject is good, it tells a story and if you posted it to a dslr competition no one would say "hey that doesnt look like it was taken with a dslr"

congratulations to all and the baton is hereby handed to rustynail925

09-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to rustynail925, jheu02/John & mbsimpsoid!

Thanks and for the kind remarks.

PS I hope you don't mind but I linked this thread to the contest.
09-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Congratulations to rustynail925, jheu02/John & mbsimpsoid!

Thanks and for the kind remarks.

PS I hope you don't mind but I linked this thread to the contest.
Ah yes I forgot about that, thanks