Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Check our marketplace - 50mm f1.4

Hey guys, just letting everyone know I'm selling one of my favorite lenses in the marketplace here on PentaxForums.. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/11906-letting-h...mm-f1-4-a.html

Hope someone can use it. It's a sweet lens.

09-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Hey guys, just letting everyone know I'm selling one of my favorite lenses in the marketplace here on PentaxForums.. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/11906-letting-h...mm-f1-4-a.html

Hope someone can use it. It's a sweet lens.
Tom.

Isn´t that a VERY rare lens? I haven´t seen or heard of a S-M-C Tak in K-mount before. I was shooting S-M-C Tak´s back in the early -70´s and they all were M42 mount as far as I remember. In 1975 when the K-bayonet came, the Pentax lenses were named SMC Pentax instead.

Thanks,

// Mats
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by matsoberg Quote
Tom.

Isn´t that a VERY rare lens? I haven´t seen or heard of a S-M-C Tak in K-mount before. I was shooting S-M-C Tak´s back in the early -70´s and they all were M42 mount as far as I remember. In 1975 when the K-bayonet came, the Pentax lenses were named SMC Pentax instead.

Thanks,

// Mats
It isn't a K mount. Just to verify, I checked serial numbers on www.m-fortytwo.info - index page and Tom's serial number is in the middle of two other confirmed M42 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4 lenses.

So it is in fact an M42 lens, probably with a K-mount adapter on it.
09-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #4

Well, I guess the description is better to be changed before the bidders are coming. A negative feedback would´t benefit the percentage of only 10 in total.

// Mats

09-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I saw the same (SAME) pictures of that lens in a SMC takumar that i was checking yesterday...SOMETHING IS VERY STRANGE WITH THAT POST...I WOULDNT TRUST THE SALE....SELLER DOESNT KNOW ABOUT HIS "BELOVED "LENS,USES PRODUCT PHOTOS THAT DOESNT BELONT TO HIM.......BEWARE!!!!!!!!
09-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes. That listing ended yesterday. BUT, I OWN that lens! There is nothing fishy at all.

I'm listing the lens for sale and the description IS accurate. It clearly states SMC (Super-Multi-Coated) 50mm f1.4 with K mount.

Also, the photo of the lens is quite clear. You can easily see which lens it is.

There's nothing to hide here. It's a great lens. Plain and simple. Also, there is a return policy!!

EDIT: Actually, I have a few lenses I was going to list over the next week or so. No dogs either, all are really nice glass.

Last edited by Tom M; 09-13-2007 at 07:31 PM.
09-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm listing the lens for sale and the description IS accurate. It clearly states SMC (Super-Multi-Coated) 50mm f1.4 with K mount.
Oh come on -- you know very well that "f1.4 with K mount." is very different from "f1.4 with K mount adapter".

09-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I'll be more than happy to add 'adapter'. Though, the word 'with' would mean 'includes'.. so, I thought I was making it clear as to what's included. As in, it INCLUDES the K mount. But, I'll make the change so the lens police are happy.

Also, there is some guy here on these forums that's harrassing me over on ebay calling me a crook and everything else. I've already reported him to ebay. Though, he keeps making reference to the first auction and, I'm not sure what his problem is.

I OWN THE LENS PICTURED!! THE LENS PICTURED IS THE LENS I AM SELLING!! I am NOT trying to screw anyone!! Can I make it any clearer???

It seems he's pissed off because he didn't win the bid or something, here is the message he sent me on ebay..

"THIS LENS WAS FOR SALE YESTERDAY(I WAS BIDDING ON IT)AND BELONGS TO OTHER SELLER...REMOVE THE ITEM AND THE POST ..YOU CROOCK..I AM SENDING LINKS TO THE ORIGINAL AUCTION IN PENTAXFORUMS...SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- mayoayo"

Listen up mayonaise, This lens does NOT belong to any other seller (most notably YOU), it belongs to ME! OK? Do you understand this? And, don't forget to get back to us here with how make out by sending the links to the 'original auction'.. Be sure to post the response here you twit. And if you don't mind, leave me alone now. I have no interest in arguing with a condiment that has only a basic understanding of the english language. Oh and, go back to school, you need it.
09-14-2007, 04:23 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Well, I'll be more than happy to add 'adapter'. Though, the word 'with' would mean 'includes'.. so, I thought I was making it clear as to what's included. As in, it INCLUDES the K mount. But, I'll make the change so the lens police are happy.
It can be construed as meaning that, but it doesn't on the face of it, because it is *not* a lens with a K mount; it is a lens with a screwmount with a K mount adapter. I can't imagine any reason to phrase it the way you did except in the hopes of tricking someone into bidding. That's really not cool.