Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #46
Banned

Photos: Albums
Since I keep repeating this talk on not worrying about noise, I now have a longer story behind it here.

Here's another interesting thing (more details here): an example of how ISO 800 is better than ISO 400 (click on images to see larger):

ISO 400, pushed 1 stop in RAW processing:

ISO 800, ETTR:

Note the extra noise in the ISO 400 version in the dark ear area of the toy as well as on the edge of the toy in the top left area (you may have to click the images to see the larger sizes). This is why exposure is important. Focus is important because noise pops up more obviously in OOF areas (as can be seen on the periphery of the toy). And of course, if the composition isn't interesting, lack of noise won't save it.

12-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #47

Photos: Gallery
Chance would be a fine thing . . .

Cristofor wrote : That's because the K-r is an entry level model while the K10D was a high end one. You need to compare with a K-5.

I also need to compare my bank balance with a K-5 ! !

BFN
David

12-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #48
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Jannie Quote
I also need to compare my bank balance with a K-5 ! !
You realize that is besides the point, don't you? If all you can afford is the cost of a K-r now, then you wouldn't be able to afford a K10D either at the same point in its product life at which the K-5 is now. Even now, the K10D is $100 more than the K-r on amazon (body only, new).
12-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #49

Photos: Gallery
for me it's still best camera and lucky me i have the k10d grand prix edition which is the pentax n k10d logo in gold....i already tried my friend k5 but i just don't have a feel like to my k10d, i just can't described with words.....

12-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There have been quite a few negative comments posted above about the K10D. None of those ever enter my head when I am out shooting. All I am interested in is getting the shot, looking at the light, concentrating on the composition, etc.

Here is a shot from yesterday's shoot. While ever my K10D can produce images like this I have no reason to upgrade:

12-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by s15cuz Quote
for me it's still best camera and lucky me i have the k10d grand prix edition which is the pentax n k10d logo in gold....i already tried my friend k5 but i just don't have a feel like to my k10d, i just can't described with words.....
I agree about the feel of the camera. I have both the K10 and the K5 and the K10 feels more like a brick that can take anything. The K5 does "feel" more vulnerable, maybe it's the larger screen that does it, I don't know.