Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10 W/Kit $849 @ dell.com

Just read this on DP and thought I would share. I checked it out and it is true. I hear you can also get some other coupon for 10% more but not sure how.

12-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just looked on ebay just type in Dell coupn and find a bunch of 10% coupons that you can add to the purchase bringing it down even more. Only thing is it I am not sure if they have any in stock or how long to get it.
12-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Just read this on DP and thought I would share. I checked it out and it is true. I hear you can also get some other coupon for 10% more but not sure how.

Dang! I've searched Dell's website, eBay and DP Review and I can't find a reference to this.

Can you provide a link?

Thanks, Dan
12-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #4

I have an extra one of those 10% off coupons. I'll send it to the first person who PMs me.

12-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Well, I did it! Ordered the K10 from Dell for $827.27 w/lens

I finally found this Dell deal and the coupon on eBay. Got the coupon for $4.00 and used it at Dell. I'll be darned, it worked (so far). I've never seen a process like this and was really curious.

I had no choice but to order the K10 with kit lens for this price. It would have been $764.00 had it not been for Arkansas sales tax. No one else comes close, at least this early in the camera's life. The Dell site said 1 to 2 week delivery but who knows?

Now to see if they can produce or if they set a shipping date so far down the road (Feb or March) that I have to cancel. Well, it was worth it just to see what happens.

Dan
12-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Since trying to convince my better half that I really would like the K10 and keep the DS as a back up is a isn't working I have decided to just do it and sell the DS . Fully understanding that the DS stays until the K10 gets here and is good to go, I think I will be making this purchase soon as well. With this price how can I say no. Heck I am sure I will get the kit and sell the 18-55 since I A. already have and B. never use it. The 16-45 gets all the love from me.
12-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Too bad dell.ca doesn't sell the K10D... I would be all over this offer!

12-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #8

Try typing K10D in the search box you might be surprised to find the K10D there on the Dell site.

I am guilty of taking advantage of this offer.. so I have one on order now. so I will have a K100D and K10D battery.. foolish of me.. but I could not resist a virtually 25% discount.

12-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

62.93 Tax for delivery to AZ. Is that normal? No other on line dealer charges that. Also I cannot see anywhere on that Dell page any estimate when they will have it in stock.
12-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by RedHawk Quote
62.93 Tax for delivery to AZ. Is that normal? No other on line dealer charges that. Also I cannot see anywhere on that Dell page any estimate when they will have it in stock.

The only way you can determine that is to check the final sale price with your states sales tax. Dell charged me $45.85 for a $764.23 purchase which is BELOW the 6.5% sales tax in the state by a couple of dollars here in South Dakota.
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kitanis Quote
The only way you can determine that is to check the final sale price with your states sales tax. Dell charged me $45.85 for a $764.23 purchase which is BELOW the 6.5% sales tax in the state by a couple of dollars here in South Dakota.
The amount seems about right (I think we have something like 8.1 here) but what makes me wonder is that I have ordered several items online this year (from CA and NY) and have never been charged a sales tax.
12-19-2006, 05:39 AM   #12

Many retailrers are not charging sales tax. dispite the fact that there is laws in place and there has always been a law that says its the responsibiblity of the buyer to pay the tax themselves.

Congress passed a rule about a year or so ago about it.. but it has not caught up with many of us yet. Dell is merely doing CYA on themselves so they charge sales tax based on the location that is shipping too.

Wish I could have gotten away with shipping to my home of record.. State of Oregon dose not charge sales tax on purchases.. LOL
12-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
:

I posted this waited while convincing the accountant this was a great deal went in this morning and the deal is gone.

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!

Okay sorry just felt the urge to cry to someone that may care.
12-21-2006, 09:44 AM   #14

Vivetrick

I am sorry you did not get in on this.. I did it with severe tepedation.

The coupon seemed like a good deal.. but it did have a time limit as well as dells on-line offer.
12-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #15
Inactive Account

[QUOTE=vievetrick;12050this morning and the deal is gone.
Okay sorry just felt the urge to cry to someone that may care.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you missed it but another deal will come along.

That's what I usually do. Wait until a deal is over and then kick myself for waiting.

I was wrestling with deciding between the K100 and K10 when the Dell deal came along and, for once, I jumped on it.

By the time I get my K10 you'll probably find a deal just about as good. Good luck and don't despair. Things have a way of working out.

Dan