Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #1

backorder issues

i ordered the k100d super kit/bundle pack over the phone on dec. 20th from jandkcameras.com they neglected to tell us that they were back ordered. so about a week later they called to tell us that and they were indeed back ordered and that they would get back with us early next week (this week). i just called them and they are still sold out AND they aren't expecting to receive an order of them soon. same w/ the k10. so my question is, should i continue to shop around for the k100d super or now im hearing rumors about the k200d? i am a novice when it comes to cameras, so i think the k100d super would fit well and i'm thinking that just by the 10mp rating on the k200d, it might be overkill for me. should i go w/ the k100d and take full advantage of that rebate, or wait it out for the k200d?

01-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The K100D Super is a great camera.

If I didn't already have a good camera I wouldn't hesitate buying one, however if I already had a good camera I'd wait at least until they make the official announcement before I made the decision.

You might pay more, but in my personal opinion your better off to buy your camera at your local store.
Talk to the owner or manager, and see if they'll help you out in the small chance that you need some warranty work done.
Don't get me wrong, Pentax is one of the better companies when it comes to camera issues, but a store standing up for you makes it a whole lot easier.
Which I have yet to see an on-line store do.

And if you must buy it on-line buy it through one of the major on-line stores like Henry's

There are a few more good stores, and a search on this site should show you a few.
Otherwise there's a good chance that you'll end up with a Grey Market camera, which might not come with a manual, or it might not have English as an option, or something silly like that.
01-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Ratings and Reviews for 13,846 Stores at ResellerRatings.com: Search: J and K Cameras

did they also try to tell you that the battery and everything are extra?

good luck with that.
01-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Get your money back if you can, ASAP. If they won't refund it, contest it with your credit card. You are getting scammed.

01-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Get your money back if you can, ASAP. If they won't refund it, contest it with your credit card. You are getting scammed.

sweet...ill work on it first thing tomorrow.
01-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Buy locally or from one of the handful (B&H, Adorama, Beach Camera/Buydig) of online retailers that aren't scammers. Or from Amazon or the like.
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
Also keep an eye on your card for any mysterious charges. Outfits like this have been known to use peoples credit card numbers for all sorts of things.

01-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Also keep an eye on your card for any mysterious charges. Outfits like this have been known to use peoples credit card numbers for all sorts of things.
You know, I have a debit card that normally has appx 20 bucks or so on it..I use it only for online purchases. That and paypal...I have been scammed before and even though I did get my money back, it caused me to much anxiety...