Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #16
jlp
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Groucho Quote
I played with Dust Alert for the first time tonight and noticed that it only works when the camera is in autofocus mode.

It is disabled (grayed-out in the menu screen) when the camera is set to Manual Focus mode.

So, if you're using a manual focus lens, just switch to AF and give it a try. I haven't attempted it yet myself, but I suspect that it'll work fine.
Only partially true . . . there is no functionality with lenses other than of the Autofocus variety. True, with AF lenses, the focus switch needs to be in the AF-S or AF-C position to use the function (not grayed out). With manual focus A or K lenses it is not a selectable option. If you add an AF teleconverter to a manual focus lens, it will work. Given this function is something you would typically access seldom (and typically not while shooting), it shouldn't be a problem to mount an AF lens at a later time.

I have asked Pentax US to verify this (lack) function and they concur. I have asked also they submit it as a 'bug' for correction in future firmware (or at least a manual correction.)

04-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
S*&%# the socks . . . No, Wait, Ummmm
09-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Sorry, I should have been more precise. The left foot, like the film...

These specific socks would guarantee that your wishes would be fullfilled.

Ben
Hate to revive an old thread, but damn.. thats one fine pair of aeh.. socks..

damn, the pic didnt come with it.. check ben's original post
09-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #19
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I missed this thread before and was about to type something brilliant about something until I saw Ben's last post...

I have forgotten the point of this thread...

09-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The thread is there to cover the body parts, almost.
09-09-2008, 09:33 AM   #21
Inactive Account

When you have just few KB's less space then needed for a single shot in the flash disk the display reads 1 shot left. But then you shoot it, a brief beep is heard.. Does not save the shot but but saves a 640x480 photo of some messy camera R&D room instead.. That is for k100d super.. Dunno if it works on else models..
09-11-2008, 03:51 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Ben that picture gets around! I wrote "her" on the local craigslist! She never did write back but that account did realized a surge in spam...

09-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
1) When you turn the camera off the number of shots available on the SD card is displayed in the top LCD.
Actually, if you have your K20D set to not display sensitivity (Custom Settings-> 31. -> 1. Off), you can instead display the current ISO by pressing the OK button on the back of the camera. As well, hold the OK button in and turn the front e-dial and you can change the ISO on the fly. I prefer this since if you set it to show ISO, you cannot get it to show the number of remaining shots.

Jack
09-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Just ask my ex wives...
Plural?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Thank you
Russell