Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

Underwater housing for K10d

Ok,

I am taking off to Panama in less than 1 month, and I need a underwater housing for my camera. I bought this camera HOPING that one would be available. So far I have found 1. UK-Germany makes one, but does anyone know if anyone else does, so I actually have an option instead of not having one.

I have a housing for my H5, and my infamous Nikonos, but I wan't to take the Pentax with me to the depths

Thanks.

04-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #2

Hello Pentaxperson (aren't we all?),

I have two links for you:

NED BUNNELL: K10D waterhousing

Pentax and SPL water housing Photo Gallery by mark dominic at pbase.com

Big ones like Sea & Sea aren't doing anything yet...

Cheers.
04-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
so did you found out how much is the housing yet?
04-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxperson Quote
Ok,

I am taking off to Panama in less than 1 month, and I need a underwater housing for my camera. I bought this camera HOPING that one would be available. So far I have found 1. UK-Germany makes one, but does anyone know if anyone else does, so I actually have an option instead of not having one.

I have a housing for my H5, and my infamous Nikonos, but I wan't to take the Pentax with me to the depths

Thanks.
Did you consider the Oly E420?
The UW housing is quite affordable, the total package very light and you can do autofocus in LiveView. All great advantages in my UW experience.
The UW housing plus camera may be in the same price range as the K10D Special UW house.

Of course, if you do deep diving, you'd need a professional housing anyway.

- Bert

04-11-2008, 06:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
so did you found out how much is the housing yet?
Housing for K10D by UK-Germany is 1900$ (fited for 16-45 and with zoom ring). So I've ben told six months ago in an email from them.
04-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #6

Hi,

there is another housing for the K10D. It´s called blue-box and is manufactured by bruderuw-technick in Germany. But I wouldn´t recommend to purchase a housing there. That thing is not worth the money, neither it´s a german quality product. It´s very cheap, and so is it´s quality....

Another manufacturer from germany worth asking: BS Kinetics GmbH - Unterwassergehäuse, Underwater housings, Underwater housing, tauchen, diving or BS Kinetics GmbH - Unterwassergehäuse, Underwater housings, Underwater housing, tauchen, diving

Housings from UKgermany are appropiate and very good quality, but they are looking like a bread box and they are heavy. Compared to other well-known housing-manufacturers, you have to pay a lot for what you get. That´s comprehensible as UKgermany is a sole distributor and there is no competition on the market for K10D-underwaterhousings so he can ask for money as much as he wants.

I know he just overhault the present K10D housing to fit in a K20D. Especially with the live-view it is a nice feature for underwater shooting and no need anymore for UK-Germany very, very, very expensive view-finder. The view-finder usually is half the costs of the housing..... That´s why I didn´t bought a housing from UKgermany

Anyway, I will just keep waiting for better prices or other manufacturers as I´d really like to take the K10D or K20D underwater.

Here is a test report from Herbert Frei, but it´s in german: UK-GERMANY Pentax K10D
04-24-2008, 06:43 AM   #7

This one looks very good for the K10d: BS Kinetics <Kameras zum Tauchen>

04-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #8

more info, partially in german:

http://mediadb.unterwasser.de/library/images/1207_exoten.pdf

some images: [WETPIXEL] BOOT 2007 by Julian Scheunemann just klick next on the right bottom

BTW, UKgermay is the only one who has a macro strobe port for underwater...
04-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
Damn Brit

Hi, personally I would probably check out some of the kits available from somewhere like scuba.com. They may not be as good as your pentax but from what I have read, a camera housing on it's own is not sufficient, you need decent lighting accessories as well. You could buy a complete setup for less than the housing for your Pentax. I actually took some pretty good pictures in Tahiti with my Pentax Optio W10 but with that you are restricted on depth, although I took mine down to fifteen feet for the occasional reef shot without any harm (but that was just a few seconds at a time). Have a good trip, I'm going to learn to dive in Hawaii in July, until then I'm just gonna have to be jealous.
10-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #10

there's someone from Italy now make housing for Pentax cams:-

DRP100 PHOTO - Diveross underwater tecnology, photo and video housing | Plastmeccanica s.r.l
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
Inactive Account

digideep.com

Go to digideep.com they have housings suitible for up to 80m. It is very pricy as in over 900 USD. but it looks really suitible and functional for diving. I am waiting myself to purchase one. It is the only one I have found for the 1st*D that is ready for the deep.