Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
washing my gx10.. *quick video*

(don't do this at home)

video here

I gave my camera shower today, its always bugged me about using it in the rain even tho its ment to be a weather sealed body (the lens in the video is to) so i thought id give it a quick shower to see how it went.

I did shoot in a light shower (out doors ofc) before and it got a little wet with an old vivitar series 1 and both lens/camera were ok.

This was one of the reasons i got a gx10 over another brand

04-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not to mention the comments on the amount of black mold that surely builds under the surface of your shower walls.
Don't ever show us the interior of your house again!

Just kidding
(yikes)

I was peaking in a latest edition of Shutterbug I think it was and one of the photographers had taken his Nikon or Canon to an odd but colorful festival in India I think. Anyway his camera was completely covered in dyes of various colors and he casually mentioned that he cleaned the body with water and a toothbrush.

Thanks for the demonstration. That took guts if you ask me.
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
that walls being ripped down in a few days new kitchen and bathroom put in.. so its been neglected a little, rest of the house isnt that bad

i just wanted some reasurance really about how well the weather resistance of the lens and body works, id rather run it under a little water indoors and then dry it.. check it out than to be caught in the rain and wonder if its safe to use it or not