Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
IST D Infrared Remote code

I am sooooo cheap or clever,"haha" that I am trying to locate the code to program a standard programmable TV remote with a code that will activate my IST D . I figure since I have a bunch of remotes around the house that I could program one just like I program the stereo, DVD, TV etc. Why not program the remote for the camera and save $20-$30. Anyone have any ideas on how to find the code. It should be simple because it it a simple IR reciever on the IST D.

Thanks, Brent

11-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only way that I could think of is to try one in a store and then program your remote or PDA with its signals.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #3

very easy

I found a forum on another site that discussed this and went an did it myself.

If you have or can buy a multi-device universal infared controller that has codes for a philips-magnavox TV device, the on-off button of the controller will then activate the remote shutter on the isd dl.

I purchased a General Electric universal controller RM24911 for about $7 at Target and set it to code 062 for the philips-magnavox.

works fine
11-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by adamreisner Quote
I found a forum on another site that discussed this and went an did it myself.

If you have or can buy a multi-device universal infared controller that has codes for a philips-magnavox TV device, the on-off button of the controller will then activate the remote shutter on the isd dl.

I purchased a General Electric universal controller RM24911 for about $7 at Target and set it to code 062 for the philips-magnavox.

works fine
And you won't lose it! Unlike the Pentax Remote Control F which is the size of a couple of pieces if chewing gum!

11-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, I will give it a shot. I guess I am just more cheap than clever!

Brent
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
IST D and DL Infrared remote substitute

Hi Adam, I took some of your advice. I found an old programmable remote around the house and scanned through all of the phillips/ magnavox codes and found one that works with my IST DL. And I did not even have to spend a dime!!!!!! Thanks again for your info and assistance.

Sincerely, Brent
07-01-2007, 08:11 AM   #7
Inactive Account

*istDL Remote control

For those living in Europe I have found the TCM 68349 using the Philips TV code of 012 works too. The range is not very good. I almost have to get on top of the *istDL for it to work. Plus any Philips remote conrtol works too. But again you have to be on top of the camera be for it will work.

Later
Chambers

07-01-2007, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

DIY article on how to find remote code