Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
difference between k-7 settings

Hello,

With all else set to 0 (ie neither + nor - on the subsequent saturation, hue, adjustment, contrast & sharpness settings), does anyone have a handle or test result revealing the difference is between the "bright, natural, portrait, landscape and vibrant" settings in the K-7? I've read bits and pieces here and there that for example natural has less noise - but I don't have anything definitive to judge it on.

Alternatively if not, is there such a thing as a test I can conduct myself which will give me some statistical facts for this?

many thanks

10-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Find a typical scene, and take pictures. I believe the extended bracketing feature might help.
Post the pictures to the web with some descriptive text and you've just become another camera tester, except that you would be providing information that is more useful than most.
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hmmm... I do want to get more out of the camera so I should give this a shot over the weekend, but could you expand on the use of extended bracketing? As in try each setting with each bracketing variant for every settable permutation? Also I'm wondering what I should point at. A middle grey card in there makes sense but is there such a thing as a standard resolution / focus / contrast measure/card? Or rather I wonder what printed things I could find that would be easy for others to do a similar test on... hmmm!
10-14-2009, 05:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok, to do this properly I'd need one of these colour charts and one of these resolution charts. Is there anyone near me in England who has these and is willing to lend them to me for a weekend?