Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
problem installing new new firmware to K7.

Hi Everyone.
I have tried to download and install the new firmware to my k7 and had no luck.
It downloads to my computer fine but when I follow the instructions and Turn the camera on while holding the menu button instead of "now loading " I just tells me the current firmware version (1.0). My camera retailer tells me he spoke to the pentax rep and he thinks it might be a Mac thing. I have a Mac with the latest operating system (snow leapord).
Has anyone else had these problems or is it just me doing something wrong?
Thanks
James

10-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My best guess is that you put the firmware ".bin" file under the "DCIM" folder on the SD card. It need to be at the top-level (i.e. alongside the "DCIM" folder) for the camera to see it.
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks RBellavance.
I'm afraid I'm almost computer illiterate so your reply confuses me. I am trying to download to the camera rather than a card reader. Does that make any sense?
Thanks
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jamescp Quote
Thanks RBellavance.
I'm afraid I'm almost computer illiterate so your reply confuses me. I am trying to download to the camera rather than a card reader. Does that make any sense?
Thanks
The firmware files goes on a memory card, in the root directory. That memory card goes in the camera, then you do the power on while holding the menu button.

Not a mac issue since you should be able to do that with any OS.. Mac, Windows or linux.

08-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #5

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem. Ursache war die Größe der SD Karte. Ich hatte zuerst versucht das Firmware Update von einer 8GB SDHC zu machen: Keine Reaktion der Kamera. Danach habe ich das update auf eine 512 MB SD Karte kopiert und das update ist gestartet.