Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Kx image samples on Imaging-Resource - soon

I regard the Test Image samples on Imaging-Resource.com as some of the most useful - as they are standardized and consistent - making it very easy to directly compare one camera with another. They even have their own Comparometer to do this on-line (unfortunately they don't include the low light set which I use a lot).

Since I was interested when the sample images for the Kx would be available I wrote e-mail and just got this reply.

Imaging Resource Site Email - Pentax Kx samples?‏

"
>Dear Imaging-Resource,
>
>Are you expecting to take your standardized sample images with the Pentax Kx soon?
>
>There seems to be a lot of interest as the High ISO noise/performance appears to be very good.
>
>Would really be interested in being able to do side-by-side comparisons with other dSLR samples - especially on the Still Life and Low Light samples.
>
>Thank you.

========
Reply on
Mon 11/02/09 10:58 AM

We have a Pentax Kx on order, should arrive soon. We'll be posting samples images as soon as they are available.

Regards,

--
Zig Weidelich

Technical Editor
The Imaging Resource
http://www.imaging-resource.com
"

11-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UnknownVT Quote
I regard the Test Image samples on Imaging-Resource.com as some of the most useful - as they are standardized and consistent - making it very easy to directly compare one camera with another. They even have their own Comparometer to do this on-line (unfortunately they don't include the low light set which I use a lot).
The test images are up at Imaging Resource.com

Pentax K-x Digital Camera Samples - Hands-On Preview - The Imaging Resource!

Going to look at them now....
11-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #3

Thanks for the notification. From what I can see in the comparometer it looks like the K-x is possibly even sharper than the K-7. It for sure has less noise.

I wish they kept the K10D and K200D samples up.

I think it would be a wise move for Pentax to use this sensor in their future cameras. I'd really like to see a K200D replacement with the features and quality of the K-x.

-Andy
11-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pti-andy Quote
I wish they kept the K10D and K200D samples up.

Those test images are still available
(although they are not included in the Comparometer) -

K10D Test Images

K200D Test Images