Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good things about LiveView

- Of course MF on a tripod, you can do 10x zoom on liveview and move it wherever you want on the screen, even in the corner

- Optical Preview works much better than through the Viewfinder. On my F 50/1.7, the ViewFinder at 1.7 with optical preview looks more like F5.6 DoF and bokeh wise, while LiveView its more like F2.2 or so (looks a bit different still but much closer than optical preview on the VF)

that's all I got. If the mirror didn't flip, contrast-detect would be decent for stealth shots.

11-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
- Of course MF on a tripod, you can do 10x zoom on liveview and move it wherever you want on the screen, even in the corner

- Optical Preview works much better than through the Viewfinder. On my F 50/1.7, the ViewFinder at 1.7 with optical preview looks more like F5.6 DoF and bokeh wise, while LiveView its more like F2.2 or so (looks a bit different still but much closer than optical preview on the VF)

that's all I got. If the mirror didn't flip, contrast-detect would be decent for stealth shots.
i know one!

i realized this when im taking a picture of a sunset, if you see them via viewfinder that's gonna hurt your eyes.

but with liveview, all that worries put aside