Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
a possible full color hack for all bodies with shake reduction

So Pentax has in camera stabilization in most their DSLRs, right, stabilization that can compensates for X and Y movements, so whats to stop from a hack or better yet firmware upgrade (hint hint Pentax) that allows full color resolution by merging 4 shots where the sensor is moved one pixel each frame by the shake reduction, kinda like the hasselblad H3DII-50's multi-shot (info here ) dose. I honestly don't know if this would work, but i think its some thing that warrants some consideration

12-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, Hasselblad surely had this well protected by patents...
So, there is no much hope...
12-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #3

Movement Resolution

To do that one would have to have about 1/4 pixel resolution of position with exact timing.

Pretty much the same deal in terms of positioning as the equivalently sized printer.

Now we know that we can do this. I do not think the actual positioning at this resolution is available to the processor. Rather I think the processor orders up the velocity tracking.
12-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by embedded Quote
To do that one would have to have about 1/4 pixel resolution of position with exact timing.

Pretty much the same deal in terms of positioning as the equivalently sized printer.

Now we know that we can do this. I do not think the actual positioning at this resolution is available to the processor. Rather I think the processor orders up the velocity tracking.
Yea, I'm pretty sure there's a reason why that camera is 50 megapixels, other than to show off its peni--- i mean, capabilities