Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The nearest thing is this:

PENTAX DSLRs: More photos of the ikan V5600 LCD monitor installed on the Pentax K-7.

It looks like a very sweet setup and allows you to see what you're shooting. Not the control though which is what you guys want I think.

-Johan

*still thinks firmware updates could do more for people in a better way... mutter... dfs...*

02-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
Inactive Account

When I contacted Pentax about tethered shooting. They said it was not a firmware upgrade. That the cameras hardware would not do tethered shooting. So the K200D on up have had a piece of hardware dropped or modded to where it is not compatible.
02-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
As it worked on the K10/20, you could connect your camera to a computer. You could not focus or operate the camera with the computer, but you could immediately see the results of your photo. As I say, I tried a few times and it felt like more work than benefit and I didn't continue using it.
I don't know what your camera or software versions are but Remote Assistant 3.51 with K20D has auto focus and an almost complete set of camera control facilities once you selected the shooting mode, ie Manual, TV etc

David