Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Ist DS Shutter Problem

I have a Pentax Ist DS that is not working properly. The shutter release button will not activate the shutter at all times. It seems to work occassionally if you press down hard on the shutter release button but not reliably.

I have found other sites that stated they had some luck with replacing the switch under the shutter release button, but I can't get any help from Pentax in finding the part.

Any ideas?

02-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Inactive Account

The part number for the switch is> 76030.T618

You can order it by calling Lynn Badillo at 1-720-988-2653

If you're good with a soldering iron, it's not hard to replace.
04-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The part worked great. Replaced it and the shutter works fine. However, the camer is difficult to turn on now. I have to get the switch into a very specific spot for it to function. I was wondering if you hadd a thought about that.

I did notice when I had the camera apart that one of the metal prongs under the on/off toggle switch was bent, so I straightened it out. Now it doesn't turn on properly. Any ideas?

THANKS!
04-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Inactive Account

If the two stage switch is even a hair off center, it will interfere with the on/off switch.
I have a new contact finger piece I can send you. Just drop me a PM with address.