Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Film Advance issues- ME Super

I have an ME Super and it has worked fine through 3 rolls of film. My wife picked it up at a yard sale for $10.00 with all manuals,cleaning equip, case,
strap, & 200mm zoom. Halfway through my fourth roll the film advance lever
stopped halfway through the advance. It WILL NOT move! What is the problem, and how can I fix it? I want to sell the whole set up on E-bay and
I know I'd get more if the body functioned. Any help would be much ap-
peciated.Thanks.
Nathan

05-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will the shutter fire? Is the film stuck (you can check by trying to rewind it)? If the latter is the case, you'll want to remove the film in a pitch-dark room and manually rewind it, and then check if the camera works

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I've had something similar happen before. Is the shutter basically half cocked, and will not fire as is? All I've done is "forced it" so to say. Push the lever a little further than normal, and it may work.
05-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Even without film it is still stuck.

05-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I am REAL good at forcing things. However, I know when NOT to force something. This
seems like one of those times. If I can fix it without spending any $$, great. If not I may
take my chances & "force it". My wife only paid $10.00 at a yard sale for it & all the foo
foo so I won't be out anything as I can sell the 200mm lens for over a $100. I was want-
ing to sell the whole kit & kaboodle on e-bay for top $$ since I've been laid off.