Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2010, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Rewind Shaft

I have received many units with transport problems. Some have worn gears, broken sprockets and damaged advance levers. I've noticed in these units the rewind shaft is dry and dragging making the transport work a bit harder than normal, espically in the Pentax MX cameras. I put a tiny bit of white grease on each unit. So to prevent future repairs on your unit put a little (very little) bit of grease on it. You should notice a big difference.
Happy shooting,
Eric

10-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you, Eric, for the tip. I will do this to my old cameras tomorrow (or maybe the next day).

Steve

(Sort of like Brylcreem..."A Little Dab'll Do Ya!"...oops! Showed my age there!)
10-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
bigthumbsup
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the advice -- great of you to do that.

11-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Great tip. I usually just put a very small amount of silicone oil on mine to keep things moving like new; will try some white grease next time