Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #1

Pentax USA Parts - Thumbs Up!!!

I have been in communication with Pentax USA trying to get my MZ-5n pop-up flash fixed. I am a DIY kind of guy so I already has the top off of the camera and figured out what was broken. I called the 800 number, got a parts rep who then e-mailed me the parts list/diagram. I e-mailed back with the part number that I needed and asked how to order it. Received an e-mail back saying send your address and we will send a couple of replacement parts, No Charge!!!
I was blown away to be able to get the parts, let alone at no charge. Two big thumbs up from me for the parts department at Pentax USA.
Anyway, just wanted to relay my experience.

Russell

05-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It's always good to hear positive remarks.
Good on ya, Well done Pentax.
05-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have called the Pentax USA parts department perhaps a half dozen times in the last ten years.
The woman who sometimes answers the phone is often not willing to look for parts for older gear.

Chris
05-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very cool! Don't think they'd do that here in Romania, though.

05-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #5

Original Poster
Models are Very Limited

Yeah, they don't carry parts for many of the old camera bodies. I tried to get parts for my PZ-1P and they don't have anything. I think that the first call screener looks up the camera model to determine if they still support it with parts. If they don't you don't get any further with them. It looks like they only support the ZX(MZ) bodies and the *ist film bodies at this point.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I have called the Pentax USA parts department perhaps a half dozen times in the last ten years.
The woman who sometimes answers the phone is often not willing to look for parts for older gear.

Chris
01-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good to hear. I keep considering getting a cam from the MZ series, I think they had a great fit
01-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Forum Member

Very nice. Any chance you can take an image of the parts list/diagram and post it to save me some trouble?

01-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #8

Original Poster
Back From the Deat

QuoteOriginally posted by petez Quote
Very nice. Any chance you can take an image of the parts list/diagram and post it to save me some trouble?
Wow, way to resurrect a really old thread!

Here is the .pdf file...

DSmobileSCAN-46[1].pdf

Hope this helps. The part that I needed was Q7-01, which is in red on the diagram.
01-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
Forum Member

Perfect - thanks.