Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-01 Official Photos

See also our exclusive K-01 release announcement: Pentax K-01 Officially Announced - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Official photos of the Pentax K-01 camera!

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
A few more photos.
Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Ok, it doesnt look THAAT bad...
02-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #4

Location: Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
Photos: Gallery
Lovely, pity that it does not have an electronic viewfinder. I think it would be a bit difficult to handhold it with a lens like the Sigma 15-500 zoom, and that is important in wild life, aviation and sport photography where a tripod is useless and a long lens is required.

02-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #5

Location: Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
Photos: Gallery
Maybe is a sholder stock type support was used it might work for extream long lens 300mm and up to be used handheld.
02-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #6

Letting all specs talk aside (haven't read them yet), first impression is: it looks like a cross between a brick and a toy camera.
Mind you, I've always, always liked Pentax's design, from compacts to (D)SLR (I bought my *istD no less thanks to its looks), but this one doesn't do it for me. At all. And I'm sad I feel this way...
02-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #7

Looks awesome! Needs to be in more colors for general consumers. Why no side tripod mount? Why no evf option? Not for me. ((( Weather sealed and no TaV. Already waiting for the successor.

02-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Where's the shutter?

I'd like to see an 'LX' version of this machine. I assume they have a few models planned based around the same basic design? A 'pro' model could probably have a interchangeable module where the flash is currently housed. This could be used for EVF and OVF modules. I like to balance the camera against my head whilst shooting. I also think it would be rather fatiguing to always have this camera held up and away from the forehead when shooting, especially with longer lenses. Anyway, it doesn't look all that bad and I look forward to a more up market version SOON! cheers.
02-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

There are hoods for the screen, that turns it into a viewfinder (at least there are for the Canons that are used in video/TV/movie productions), that might work.

It's an attractive camera, and the price isn't as ridiculous as the X-Pro1. However it is clear that this is more of a fashion statement that takes great photos than a proper photographers tool. Too bad, I thought that's what the Q was for. I'll continue to save for a K5 then... this would only be of interest if I have too much money.
02-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Lots of good things going on here - K mount!!, SR, clean design, etc. But, it's going to be a bear to use outside in anything but overcast.
02-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Every shot I've seen with the lens OFF the camera body shows the sensor. Even the video I just watched shows the sensor and no shutter. Is it some kind of electronic shutter like a LCD blind over the AA filter or something? I can imagine that the 'shutter' is just a gate to the memory buffer though so that no physical shutter is necessary. I guess all will be revealed soon enough.
02-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Specs say quieter shutter than even the K-5. That's been one of my criticisms of Panaonic bodies - they are small until you press the shutter in a quiet room. This may be bigger yet ultimately more stealthy. In black at least
02-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
It looks good.........Nice design.......No ovf or evf...,..... Specs seem OK........ No VF...price is good too.......no VF.....use all my M and M42 lenses...still no ovf or evf.
02-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I like the looks and the specs are more than sufficient but without an (optional) EVF it will not be for me. Although.... it looks like it can take a M42 bellows without problems; or a SuperTak300/4 without having to loosen the tripod collar. But hand holding that latter at arm length distance might be a bit much asked.

So no, not for me.
02-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
There are hoods for the screen, that turns it into a viewfinder (at least there are for the Canons that are used in video/TV/movie productions), that might work.

It's an attractive camera, and the price isn't as ridiculous as the X-Pro1. However it is clear that this is more of a fashion statement that takes great photos than a proper photographers tool. Too bad, I thought that's what the Q was for. I'll continue to save for a K5 then... this would only be of interest if I have too much money.
I use the LVDVF for my K-5, and it's very good. I'm sure this will work for the K-01 a swell. No problem at all really.