Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What case for the K-01?

Now that I have my black/white one, I'm looking for a stylish case for it. I did a quick look but didn't see anything. What are other owners using?

03-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I could swear I saw an unboxing on one of the review sites that it had a black leather drawstring case. I was disappointed when I read the "What's in the Box" stuff that there isn't one. Right now I plan to use a F3X with a couple lenses, but that's not the final answer.
03-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Forum Member

I am searching for a belt attach case for my K-01 for walk-around. Maybe 2 for balance, the 2nd holding lens, battery, and SD.
03-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I bought an Op/Tech Digital D-Offset case today. Small neoprene that just fits the camera with lens attached. I've got a variety of these and they do a good job of protecting the camera and aren't that big. I'd still like to have a snazzy leather "everyready" style case, but this will work for now.

Here's a link to their website with their soft pouches. OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch - Digital D-Series

I bought the Digital Offset. Others might work a little better, but this seems to fit okay and will accomodate a longer lens (maybe one of my old 135mm's). Plus, Ritz had it on the shelf. I paid under $20 for it. BTW, I'm pretty sure I use the D-Compact for my Pen camera.

03-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
Banned

DSLR Fitted Cases

DSLR Fitted Cases
03-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I see the fitted top and bottom for the GXR A12, but . . .
03-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #7

Please don't laugh : This tip is only for keeping your camera clean, free from scratches, protected from the sunlight, limited moisture and prying eyes, not for protecting it against being hit, dropped, drenched or drowned: For the K-01 (body only or with the DA 40 XS attached) you could possibly use a large, soft-vinyl, electric-razor case (lots of people may have two or three of them stuffed in drawers or closets). By this, I mean the snug-fitting ones that come in the same packages as your razors when you buy them, not the big overnight "toiletry" bags that hold a number of things. I used one for several years with my old Nikon P&S (I've also been using a perfectly sized vinyl razor case with my LaCie Pocket Drive since 2001).

UPDATE: I just fit my ca. 1975-1980 Pentax KX, with 50mm lens attached, in a vinyl, padded razor bag. It is a tight fit with the lens and a perfect fit without. The KX, much to my surprise, is slightly larger (if a bit thinner) than the K-01. The KX is 143 x 91.5 x 52.5. The K-01 is 121 x 79 x 59.

Last edited by Welfl; 03-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
03-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #8

My "don't laugh" moment, and this isn't really a case but more like a small bag, but I'm going to toss it out there anyway:

the Lomography Standard Sidekick Bag. B&H only carries it in the more expensive materials, but the canvas version, which I have, is more than adequate.
Amazon.com: Lomography Sidekick Standard Bag (Olive): Electronics
The larger bag has no padding, but if I pack cameras in it, I use those Op/Tech wrap things. The best thing about it is that it has a detachable smaller bag which can be looped through your belt or slung over your shoulder. This sees the most use. That bag/case is incredibly well constructed and versatile in a deceptively small size. It also doesn't scream "CAMERA BAG" if that matters to any of you.

Right now I have packed in it:
- on the left side, the K-01 with 40mm XS mounted and strap attached, and my SD card wallet in the mesh pocket
- on the right side, my 18-55 zoom, my lens cleaning kit, and my wallet in the mesh pocket
- in the left side flap pocket, my spare battery

And there's still a little room to spare! I could fit my iPhone in there too.

It may be a bit spendy to get the whole Sidekick just for the detachable bag; but I'd actually pay full price just for the smaller bag, it's that versatile. It's easily one of the best products Lomography sells (the other, IMO, being the excellent digitaLIZA scanning masks which make film scanning so much less of a pain.)
03-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
I bought an Op/Tech Digital D-Offset case today. Small neoprene that just fits the camera with lens attached. I've got a variety of these and they do a good job of protecting the camera and aren't that big. I'd still like to have a snazzy leather "everyready" style case, but this will work for now.

Here's a link to their website with their soft pouches. OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch - Digital D-Series

I bought the Digital Offset. Others might work a little better, but this seems to fit okay and will accomodate a longer lens (maybe one of my old 135mm's). Plus, Ritz had it on the shelf. I paid under $20 for it. BTW, I'm pretty sure I use the D-Compact for my Pen camera.
Thanks for the tip. I got mine today. Perfect fit and more than enough to keep the camera safe from bumps and knocks.
03-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I could swear I saw an unboxing on one of the review sites that it had a black leather drawstring case. I was disappointed when I read the "What's in the Box" stuff that there isn't one. Right now I plan to use a F3X with a couple lenses, but that's not the final answer.
The press release quotes a genuine leather, Mark Newson designed custom fitted case for the XS kit. It lists a product number O-CC120, which pulls up the PentaxWebstore and the UK website in Google search. A Search of the resulting websites yields absolutely nothing. Do you think I am viewing a cache of something that was announced but never produced? perhaps something for the Japan market only?
03-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #11

I want this case: http://www.magezinepublishing.com/equipment/images/equipment/K01-4010/highre...1328188295.jpg
I wonder where I can get one?
Regards
Jens
03-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I knew I saw a review somewhere that claimed the K-01 came with a fitted leather case. Couldn't track back to the review, though. That case, or something similar, would be perfect.
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The press release quotes a genuine leather, Mark Newson designed custom fitted case for the XS kit. It lists a product number O-CC120, which pulls up the PentaxWebstore and the UK website in Google search. A Search of the resulting websites yields absolutely nothing. Do you think I am viewing a cache of something that was announced but never produced? perhaps something for the Japan market only?
I bought the kit but I didn't get a case. It would be cool, though.
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
I bought the kit but I didn't get a case. It would be cool, though.
When you Google CC120 +Pentax my post on this thread is fifth

Press Center Pentax UK

Optional Accessory
O-CC120 Camera Case
Like the PENTAX K-01 camera body and the smc PENTAX-DA 40mm F2.8 XS lens, this camera case also features Marc Newson’s original design. Made of genuine leather, this case protects the entire camera system — the K-01 camera body with the lens mounted.
04-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #15

I'm a fan of Kickstarter. Check out this concept: Trekpak