Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-01 Special: Buy one and get 1 year of site supporter status!

We're teaming up with our affiliates to help promote the new Pentax K-01, which we've recently reviewed.

We really liked the camera ourselves, and if you find that it's the right choice for you and you decide to take the plunge, we will upgrade your account with one year of site supporter status and marketplace access if you get the camera at B&H or Adorama, two of our partners and two of the most trustworthy photo stores in the US! We will also give away a free Pentax IR remote control to one lucky winner! (note that normally, these upgrades only last for one month)

B&H has the black body and kit, while all others are available for pre-order:
-The K-01 at B&H Photo

Adorama currently has the black, white, and yellow bodies and 40mm kits in stock:
-The K-01 at Adorama

By buying the K-01, you will help support us, our partners, and most importantly, PENTAX themselves, so that they can keep on making some great camera in the future (including that rumored full-frame!). We hope you enjoy this camera! Note that you must click on one of the links above, and follow this guide in order for your account to be upgraded.

Note that this offer also applies to the Pentax Q or Pentax K-5 should you decide to go for either of those cameras as well, or as alternatives. Offer valid from 3/14/2012 through 5/31/2012.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #2

Offer not valid for Canadians, I assume. B&H tells me they won't ship the K-01 to Canada at this time.
03-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Really? What about Adorama? It doesn't say US-only on the listing.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would be great if you guys got at least one European partner for us in the EU. Duty, customs and shipping time can get brutal from the states but none of that applies within the EU. Sadly I know how tough it is to get business partners like that.

03-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Having strong ties to Europe, I would very much welcome that. Thing is that Europe is much more diverse, so a store that would fit everyone's needs is likely hard to come by. Do you have any suggestions as far as retailers go?

Adam

03-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I know that some Swedes at least rave about SRS Microsystems ? Pentax, Nikon and Olympus Digital Cameras, Camera Accessories and Lenses as they got great price on Pentax gear (almost half the usual price in Sweden on some things) and supposedly good costumer care. Being in English and Britain based makes it a good choice for most of Europe. Europeans are pretty used to deal with other countries and buy from abroad as the countries in the EU are a bit like states in the US.
An old thread but search google for more info: Can SRS Microsystems be trusted?

Here in Sweden we got CyberPhoto - Digitalkameror, videokameror och fototillbeh that puts most other big e-shops (all types) in same in comparison when it comes to costumer care but sadly they only seem to work within Sweden. You can always mail them and ask about things.
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thanks for the links! I just checked both out and it looks like neither have an affiliate program. The whole e-marketing thing is definitely more evolved over in the US, I guess. I will e-mail SRS to double-check, though!

Adam

03-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Does Adorama ships to hotels? B&H doesn't and it has prevented me from buying pentax stuff from these forum's links in the past.
03-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I think they do. In fact, I've recently had BH ship to one...

Adam

03-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #10

OK, Adam. Just ordered black body + 40mm. Also 70mm + 21mm.

What happens now?
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Send me a PM with your order number 24 business day hours (Monday-Thursday) after your order ships and I'll apply the upgrade. Thanks!

Adam

03-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Adam, you said you had B&H ship to a hotel recently, but in their shipping policies (Shipping | B&H Photo Video) it says: We do not ship to hotels, motels, resorts, PMB, FedEx or UPS locations.

Are you sure they do?
03-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I would ask Chuck in the ask B&H forum.

Adam

03-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Adam - Four color combinations? I thought we in the US couldn't get Silver & Black but instead got White & black?

Adorama have it as the featured item for their most recent email:

Attachment 121629

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-06-2013 at 08:12 PM.
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yup, the silver version is for europe only- everyone else gets white.

Adam