Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #166
Veteran Member

K-01s were built for manual lenses . Sexy K-01s ...

06-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #167

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just had the black and silver K-01 for 8 days now. For photography, I'm very happy with it. Fantastic image quality and works great with my favorite lens, the SMC Pentax K 135mm f/2.8. I'm using it with the LCDVF, and it's great.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
808 PureView  Photo 
06-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #168
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by netrex Quote
Just had the black and silver K-01 for 8 days now. For photography, I'm very happy with it. Fantastic image quality and works great with my favorite lens, the SMC Pentax K 135mm f/2.8. I'm using it with the LCDVF, and it's great.
Which viewfinder adapter is that?
How good is it?
06-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #169

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJowett Quote
Which viewfinder adapter is that?
How good is it?
It's the LCDVF by Kinotehnik. I like it a lot. I'm very warm, so I get a bit of fog on the glass at times, but it's not a big problem. Other than that, very nice. You first mount a magnetic square around the screen, then you take the LCDVF of and off as you please. Very handy and easy to use, and it comes with a pouch to transport it in so you avoid dust and scratches etc..

Here is the manufacturer's website (there are some videos there to show how it works): Kinotehnik - LCDVF Overview

I forgot something. Also, since it gives you a third point of contact (your head), it makes it a lot more stable to record video hand held. I did some video recording on Sunday at a motocross event, just to see how it turned out, and I used a 135mm, which is fairly long for hand held, and I had shake reduction off. I'll upload it so you can see the result. I'll update this post with it later today. This makes it good IMO for recording interviews or other things without using a tripod or monopod.

Update:
Sorry about the delayed update. My Adobe subscription started acting up, so I couldn't edit the video as the software didn't start up. Got it fixed now though. Here are to variants of the videos I recorded:

Last edited by netrex; 06-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
06-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #170
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by netrex Quote
It's the LCDVF by Kinotehnik. I like it a lot. I'm very warm, so I get a bit of fog on the glass at times, but it's not a big problem. Other than that, very nice. You first mount a magnetic square around the screen, then you take the LCDVF of and off as you please. Very handy and easy to use, and it comes with a pouch to transport it in so you avoid dust and scratches etc..

Here is the manufacturer's website (there are some videos there to show how it works): Kinotehnik - LCDVF Overview

I forgot something. Also, since it gives you a third point of contact (your head), it makes it a lot more stable to record video hand held. I did some video recording on Sunday at a motocross event, just to see how it turned out, and I used a 135mm, which is fairly long for hand held, and I had shake reduction off. I'll upload it so you can see the result. I'll update this post with it later today. This makes it good IMO for recording interviews or other things without using a tripod or monopod.

Update:
Sorry about the delayed update. My Adobe subscription started acting up, so I couldn't edit the video as the software didn't start up. Got it fixed now though. Here are to variants of the videos I recorded:

Pentax K-01, SMC Pentax K 135mm f/2.5, LCDVF - Normal Motion - YouTube

Pentax K-01, SMC Pentax K 135mm f/2.5, LCDVF - Slow Motion - YouTube
Thanks.
I presume that's the LCDVF 4/3 as that is the one recommended for the K-01.
I am (relatively) blind as a bat and very unhappy that my formerly perfect eyesight has abandoned me.
I note that "only LCDVF 3C has a diopter correction option. However all models are still usable from +0.5 to -2 by default" whatever that means.
Exactly which model do you have, and how much diopter generosity have you noticed?
06-19-2013, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #171
Forum Member

K-01 for video

Just wasn't happy with audio from inbuilt mics or external shotgun. Simply no way around lack of monitoring. I have been trying to record my kid’s drama and musical performances with ongoing problems regarding clipping. The Zoom H1 solves the problem perfectly and, as can be seen, includes a 3.5mm headphone socket for monitoring. Got the silver one to match the silver K-01 and FA 28-105. The obligatory Manfrotto monopod can also be seen.
Attached Images

06-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #172
Veteran Member

^ Pretty cool stuff

06-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #173

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJowett Quote
Thanks.
I presume that's the LCDVF 4/3 as that is the one recommended for the K-01.
I am (relatively) blind as a bat and very unhappy that my formerly perfect eyesight has abandoned me.
I note that "only LCDVF 3C has a diopter correction option. However all models are still usable from +0.5 to -2 by default" whatever that means.
Exactly which model do you have, and how much diopter generosity have you noticed?
I don't know, sorry, I don't wear glasses.

But I saw a video where a guy says he could wear his glasses while using the LCDVF. If you see my picture of the camera with it on, you see it also has a foamy bit on the eye piece. I believe the video was on the manufacturers website.
06-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #174
Forum Member

Decided to go for the GGS Perfect due to the diopter control and flip-up design. Appears to be OK from all reports, but I'll report back regardless.
Attached Images

06-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #175
Pentaxian

" The viewing mod has some 3D effects" ... crickey !
Will interested to hear how it goes. I've never really got an idea if the display is very pixelated from these jobs
06-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #176
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
" The viewing mod has some 3D effects" ... crickey !
Will interested to hear how it goes. I've never really got an idea if the display is very pixelated from these jobs
I presume that's Spanglish and I'll wait to see what looking at a 921k LCD is like through a 3x loupe. At worst it will look pixelated, but I need that to focus critically without focus-peaking.
06-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #177
Veteran Member

If it has 3d effects I want one
07-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #178
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I'm currently busy with a short documentaru about the Westfield Matildas, the national soccerteam off Australia.

07-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #179
Inactive Account

Cool!
07-03-2013, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #180
Veteran Member

My albino macro-crab scorpion

Does a pretty good job too:

Last edited by mrNewt; 07-03-2013 at 04:46 PM.