Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
UFRAW and K5 RAW files

I used to use PEF with the K100D and K10D and switched to DNG as I assumed that K5's PEFs are not supported. Which they don't seem to be

Anybody using UFRAW in combination with DNG images from a K5 and encountered the following behaviour with DNG? And possibly a solution.

DNG files contain a pinkish band at the right hand site of the image (in landscape mode) that stays there after conversion; I can obviously crop a bit but that does not really make sense. The DNG problem occurs with both the old version 0.13 in ubuntu and the latest version 0.17 in windows.
DCU4 does not give the problem.

jpegs from the camera are clean.

11-23-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Proper K-5 support was added to the CVS version of UFRaw just last week. Going by comments from the author on the mailing-list, a new release is imminent and will add K-5 PEF support. Of course, you can compile your own if you are comfortable with this sort of thing.

As for the pink band on DNG, I do not see it with my version of UFRaw (compiled from CVS) on any K-5 DNG I downloaded (I do not own a K-5...)
11-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the cvs version works fine with my k-5 pef files. haven't tried dng. instructions to compile are quite straightforward (for ubuntu at least), give it a try, or wait for the release.

darktable also works fine (i use git, but the night i compiled it, the 0.7 version was actually released, which is the same as what i got from git). darktable is also very very promissing (i like it a lot so far. not as stable as ufraw yet, but i like where it's headed)