Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
(UPDATED) Pentax K-5: New price of $849

Update 10/13: the K-5's price at Adorama and B&H is now at a reduced $849 (while supplies last!).

Update 3/20: At Adorama and B&H, the K-5 is just $999 through 3/31! After the end of the month, the price of the K-5 will go back up for good.

The price of the Pentax K-5 has been reduced to $1199 at trusted retailers thanks to Pentax's new $300 instant rebate. This is currently the MSRP, so there will be no more "click to view price" links for the time-being!

For more details, see this news post: Pentax K-5 - $300 instant rebate - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com

Update 11/11/11: The rebate has been extended through the end of January, 2012.
Pentax K-5 Rebate Extended - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Good stuff - gets me thinking about another one...

09-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #3

Do we know which retailers?
09-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Should be all of them, at least if they're in the US. B&H and Adorama have already updated their prices to $1199.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #5

I got too excited and didn't read the details properly before posting. I'm in Australia and just saw the $ sign not thinking it's actually USD.
09-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Adorama also has the same price. I just bought one, upgraded from the K-r .....I cant wait !
09-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #7

What about some of the ebay stores? A couple NJ based stores have the K-5 for $1048, free shipping. Can these stores be trusted? Pretty good feedback

09-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i would read their seller rating....ive only delt with adorama i believe 5 or 6 times now, and they really do great! plus the thing that sucks about some ebay stores is that they dont care. Say you make a purchase at 8am or 3pm..some stores ship same day or ship the next business day...youd never know. BUT with Adorama, as long as you make a purchase before 7pm it will ship same day....I just ordered my K-5 yesterday at 630pm and they shipped it same day and will be getting it on Monday. Just do some researching on the ebay stores to see if its worth it.
09-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by molko Quote
I got too excited and didn't read the details properly before posting. I'm in Australia and just saw the $ sign not thinking it's actually USD.
If you are actually thinking about it at that price, dcw seem to have it for even cheaper, in Australia!
09-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #10

I ordered the K-5 kit from Adorama, together with a 8G sandisk extreme pro memory, camera bag, memory wallet and an extra battery for a total of $1199. It saves me time looking for accessories; besides, if I were to look for these items separately, it will definitely cost a lot more money and time.

The customer service at Adorama was very helpful, too. I acquired the information that this batch of K-5 was shipped in from Pentax on Sep 12. Definitely new production there.
09-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Bear Quote
....ive only delt with adorama i believe 5 or 6 times now, and they really do great! ......Say you make a purchase at 8am or 3pm..some stores ship same day or ship the next business day...youd never know. BUT with Adorama, as long as you make a purchase before 7pm it will ship same day....I just ordered my K-5 yesterday at 630pm and they shipped it same day and will be getting it on Monday.

Delighted to see that you spotted our brand new shipping promise - if you click by 7 it will ship!!

(The proviso being that it's in stock, of course, and that there are no ID verification issues eg shipping to an address other than that of the registered card-holder)

QuoteOriginally posted by GoJian Quote
I ordered the K-5 kit from Adorama, together with a 8G sandisk extreme pro memory, camera bag, memory wallet and an extra battery for a total of $1199. It saves me time looking for accessories; besides, if I were to look for these items separately, it will definitely cost a lot more money and time.

The customer service at Adorama was very helpful, too.
Good to hear!

Thanks so much for your custom, and for your feedback.

BTW PLEASE note Adorama upcoming Holiday schedule http://cot.ag/nfsgly; please plan accordingly We appreciate your understanding.

Last edited by Helen Oster; 09-25-2011 at 02:17 AM.
09-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Good to see people are taking advantage of the reduced price

Adam

09-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Adam

Well, I was waiting for this moment to get into the K5. I am ordering the K5 right now. I passed on the $1,047 that sells the body alone and rather will go with Adorama because:' 1) It benefits the forum; 2) it cost a bit more, but it includes a card and a battery, and 3) it is backed up by the customer service of Adorama.
==================
DONE- NOW WAIT!

Last edited by Pepe Guitarra; 09-23-2011 at 06:57 PM.
09-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Congrats and thanks!

Adam

09-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Also finally took the plunge and made my purchase yesterday from Adorama for the kit with extra battery and SD card. I probably will take Adam's advice for a 128GB SDXC card he suggested too.