Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

K5 Shutter release problem

Hi Guys,

Had this problem yesterday and wanted to run it by you all to see if there is an obvious fix/issue?!

Basically, when I pressed the shutter button, it made a sound like a slow muted shutter sound but did not take a pic. the battery indicator then said empty, the LCD said Battery Depleted, then the camera shut down.

I tried this several times with fully charged batts.

The camera would only state the battery was depleted after pressing the shutter release. Otherwise the batt indicator would show as full.

After trying everything with the settings, including restoring default settings and 'hard resets', I found that by pressing the live view button twice (first press showed a completely black screen) resolved the problem and now all is fine.

Anyone have some advice on what I should do?

Thanks

Paul

11-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is difficult to judge based on what you described, do you have another freshly charged battery to try?
11-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 10speeduk Quote
resolved the problem and now all is fine.
Well it is electronics, so something was off. If it is fine, I suggest just to use the camera. There is no reason to send it in for repair, since the problem is gone. A repaircentre can not reproduce such a thing and thus can't do anything for you. If it doesn't come back, there is no problem. If it does come back see if you can solve the problem again with the LV button. If it happens another time, just send it in for repair.
11-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yea, the K-5 has brain farts some times. Just keep on trucking with it.

11-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
cool, will carry on. My brain stops most days....!