Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K5 & LCD monitor

Has anybody tried hooking up the K5 to a standard PC LCD monitor?

It can be done physically wit a adapter like this:
http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320728111978&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But would it work?

I think this could really help me with my studio photo stacking.

07-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I doubt it would work. The eBay ad itself says '...doesn't work directly out of device', implying the output device would need the right software to drive something like this.

But you could buy it and try it. If it works, let us know.

You could also just search eBay for 'LCD field monitor' and get a cheap one from the likes of Lilliput and others. Those can take HDMI output directly.
07-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Dell PC monitor with an HDMI input. I can view photos, use live view, etc. It shows exactly whatever would be on the rear LCD while turning off the rear LCD to conserve power. I'll usually use it to preview my photos before dumping them into the computer.