Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

More k-5II AF system details

Here are some details (in Japanese) from a presentation about the new k-5II AF system:

K-5II?????????????????????: ?????????

Here are also some impressions of the speed of the new AF system

K-5II???????: ?????????

Could anyone please provide a translation? Google translate is quite cryptic.

Thanks

10-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The site (links) causes hanging on my system.
Maybe I am the only one but it is erratic.

JP
10-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
risky links. I get warnings from WOT (web of trust).

Last edited by causey; 10-23-2012 at 07:57 AM.
10-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The links are safe and work fine on my firewalled, AV and OpenDNS filtered system. It is just a photography equipment blog. I am not sure why others are having problems, perhaps because the pages are quite large, with foreign characters and have lots of images. Poor filters might be confused.

10-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Opened fine for me. No warning from my AV and it is not on a list of suspect websites.

The comments from the blog are pretty positive from what I can gather from the translation. If Pentax can finally conquer AF technology they will have a class leading camera.
10-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The schematic of the sensor module which is shown is confusing as It does not allow for a proper cross sensor layout. However it seems from the text that the image may be the bloggers interpretation of the presenters discussion, and not from one the slides.

It seems the lines are supposed to indicate points on the projecting AF separator lens and not the actual AF line sensors. They should be drawn as circles not lines to avoid confusion.
10-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ayoh Quote
The schematic of the sensor module which is shown is confusing as It does not allow for a proper cross sensor layout. However it seems from the text that the image may be the bloggers interpretation of the presenters discussion, and not from one the slides.

It seems the lines are supposed to indicate points on the projecting AF separator lens and not the actual AF line sensors. They should be drawn as circles not lines to avoid confusion.
For reference, this is what I thought the AF sensor looks like:

If interpreted in the manner you mentioned, then their AF sensor diagram seems to be consistent with mine...

Notice that there was another mention of full frame, specifically without an AA filter, on the linked blog post (via Google Translate):
QuoteQuote:
Here and there, you may wish to ask a lowpass-less full size. And there was a Otasshi may announce from the upper, from "being considered" and "We are positively considering" seems to say it one step closer to the full size Release (^ ^ v
Norton Internet Security's Safe Web feature indicated that the site is safe. I did not get a "Caution" or "Warning".

--DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 10-23-2012 at 09:56 PM.
10-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ayoh Quote

The Japanese text speaks about a f/5.6 cross-type and f/2.8 line-type sensor. I believe it even argues a bit if other vendors have f/2.8 cross-type sensors. The diagram would be schematic for a combined f/5.6 cross-type and f/2.8 line-type center AF field sensor.

Last edited by falconeye; 10-25-2012 at 07:44 PM.